“Dhaba-licious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dhaba

Dhaba
Ranked #148 of 3,680 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wuppertal, Germany
“Dhaba-licious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

An Indian friend recommended this restaurant and we're thankful he did. The restaurant was 95% full of Indians, which immediately told me that we were in for a tasty surprise. I tried the house specialty, it was really good however I noticed it wasn't as spicy as my meals in India. I asked the waiter "Where's the Spice?" He told me that they calm it down for Europeans because they can't handle the true Indian dish. Naturally this was a challenge! I mentioned I'd be in India a number of times and whether he could bring out the "real" Indian sauce. He did so gratefully! And sadly, it made me cry! Tears of joy and because it brought back memories of India. After the spice burned the rest of my senses, I cooled my tongue down with a mango lassie. Great experience!

My tip: the outside terrace is on a busy street instead sit inside next to the open windows! Second, get their house specialty with the native sauce on the side. This was you can sample without the full commitment.

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
Amsterdam
“Best Indian Food in Europe so far.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Being from South Africa I consider myself a connoisseur of Indian food. The food here is great the service is excellent. I have been here twice and both times the staff were courteous and the food was excellent. If you like your food more spicy than the European palate is accustomed to, you should make sure to request it.

• Visited December 2012
Crete, Greece
“Got addicted to this place!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great quality of food! It's really so authentic and so tasty!
Starters and main dishes excellent!
Highlight for me is always the "Chicken nalgiri"!
Rice is not bad but could be better
Nothing negative to say apart from the wine,which is nothing special.
The staff also could be more friendly (having experience from other indian places)

Few minor details are missing to give 5* to this place,but at least in terms of quality of food is excellent!

• Visited January 2013
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Best Indian restaurant...EVER..not just in munich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

This is our favourite restaurant in Munich by far. The food is more than fantastic. We've been there more than 5 times and we have always been extremely happy. great food. great polite service. nice looking spot. we love it.

2 Thank Ilse_Ivy
Chicago, IL Suburbs
“Great Evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went as a group of 10 friends to visit Dhaba.
We sampled a large variety of the appetizers and dishes and found the food quality to be very good, as was the service. Very authentic dishes, probably not quite as spicy as we would get in either the UK or the US.
Place was very busy with local patrons, we had tried to get into the restaraunt the earlier in the week but it was full so we made a reservation.
Very enjoyable evening.