“Excellent hotel, but a shame about the internet”

Bayerischer Hof Hotel
Ranked #47 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Of course this is one of the best hotels in Munich, however 27 euro per day for three devices to access the internet is unreasonable. A hotel at this level should include free internet access! Otherwise no expense is spared to make for a comfortable visit

2  Thank Vamp1r
There are newer reviews for Bayerischer Hof Hotel

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been using this Hotel for many years and their Quality Control of all this property is amazing. You have many Restaurants, Stores, Tourist Spots, etc. at walking distance. The Rooms are Big and Confortable. This Hotel has an area with Stores, Bars, Restaurants which are Excellent.

1  Thank Reinaldo A
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Things started off poorly... When I checked in, the man at the front desk pulled my file and said (unsolicited) that he would upgrade my room. He then proceeded to talk with another front desk worker and then hand me my room key, the same room number that had originally been assigned to me (I saw it on my file).

I went upstairs to find my non-smoking room smelling badly of stale cigarettes. (This was after 2 minutes of trying to get the door open with their new-fangled key fobs - I saw a few other people open their doors without issue, so I can only guess mine was not working properly.) I had two pieces of old fruit welcoming me (my coworker received a tower of chocolate.) The decor was old and tired. There were no outlets anywhere useful. It was really hot (and this coming from someone who is always cold!) and the only way to change the temperature was to turn on the a/c. The TV had hundreds of channels but unfortunately the remote did not work so I couldn't change the channel (plus the screen was facing out into the room, so it was at angle both from the bed and the sofa). The multiple light switches made it nearly impossible to figure out which combination of on/off would turn on the light next to my bed. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The view was non-existent (I should have guessed - when I checked in mid-day the curtains were drawn).

The only plus side at this hotel was the food. I had a very tasty group dinner at the Garden Salon and a wonderful breakfast buffet.

Overall, I would absolutely not recommend this hotel and will look for somewhere else to stay if I find myself in Munich again.

5  Thank LaPortuguesa
QualityManager_HBH, Manager at Bayerischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe the inconveniences that you had to face during your recent stay with us on the “Tripadvisor” homepage.
Please allow us to contact you herewith in order to express our sincere apologies. Your opinion is an important tool for controlling our quality standards on a daily basis.

We are pleased to learn that you considered the Hotel Bayerischer Hof for your journey to Munich.

We do apologize that the room we allocated for you did not meet your expectations towards us. Please be assured that our friendly team is always willing to assist in case of any questions or concerns. To respond more detailed it would be very helpful if you can let us know when you stayed with us in April 2013 as well as the room number you stayed in. Thank you for your efforts!

During you next stay with us, we are delighted to offer you a show around through our hotel to provide you with an impression of our different room types. We would be more than happy to identify your preference to ensure comfortable future stays with us. Please feel free to contact us via christin.kluth@bayerischerhof.de or via landline +49 89 2120 643.

We are sorry that you perceived the temperature of your room as too hot and were unable to regulate the air condition upon your needs. Please be informed that during the winter season the air condition does not cool. We usually switch the system from warming to cooling by the end of April.

Dear guest, on behalf of the whole team of the Hotel Bayerischer Hof, we would like to express our apologies for the occurred vexations during your stay with us! We would be very happy to welcome you again in order to prove that we are a better host as you had experience.

With kindest regards

Gebrüder Volkhardt KG

Christin Kluth
Training & Quality

Reviewed April 14, 2013

What to like: reasonable size bedrooms; separate shower to bath; great location
What makes for ordinary: hard beds, single duvets, useless climate control (opening the window works, but the central location comes with noise), light switches which need a phd to figure out (most seemed to turn the lights off), and a not very well equipped gym. And the lifts are slow.

2  Thank D j R

Dear guest,

Furthermore, we are sorry to learn that in your opinion the interior of our fitness area does not go with the benchmark as it was refurbish with the assistance of Mr. Ralf Möller (Ex- Mister Universe) in 2005. However, we would be more than happy if you can provide us with details which are missing according to your experience for our consideration.

Moreover, we do appreciate your feedback with regards to our elevators.

Dear guest, on behalf of the whole team of the Hotel Bayerischer Hof, we would like to express our deepest apologies for the occurred vexations during your stay with us! We would be very happy to welcome you again in order to prove that we are a better host as you had experience.

With kindest regards

Gebrüder Volkhardt KG

Christin Kluth
Training & Quality

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed a few nights at this Hotel on business, I shall never forget the time as I was there at the time of the 9/11 N.Y. attacks (who could forget). I must admit I had been to the hotel a few times for dinner without staying there, historically. The hotel has a lot of history and they like to display that, whereby a lot of famous people, statesmen, public figures etc have stayed there over its hotel history. They seem to charge for that too. The rooms are very different from each other, whereby a normal room could be bigger than most traditional sweets. But not all are big, actually most are normal in size and nothing extravagant, to commensurate for the price. Nevertheless, there is no doubt that you feel you are somewhere special, from the minute you walk in. The hotel layout, staff and services, are special every step of the way. Regardless how long you stay there, be it one night or a week, they make you feel special and treat you so. It is more of a business hotel, but could serve for a special romantic get away as well, if you are in the mood for a special celebration, centrally located as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank SHA12311
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I always stayed at Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten because of ts gret lobby and location. However the Bayeischer Hof is even more luxurious and so much fun..plenty of bars and restaurants in the hotel,always busy..The rooms are beautiful and service outstanding. Also great located..Will be back. Great pool on the roof with adjacent lounge..locsl meeting point.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank TravelfanCapri
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I had a new deluxe room facing an inner court yard. Very quiet and spacious room. Nice bathroom, separate small hall upon entering the room and the windows can open. The food is generally good and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013