“Finally a decent Chinese Restaurant in Munich” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Finally a decent Chinese Restaurant in Munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been living here some time now and one of my complaints has always been that I could not find a decent Chinese restaurant in Munich. There are lots of "Asian" restaurants that service the whole range of Asian foods, including Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and whatever else they feel like putting on the menu this month. Chi is authentic, food is excellent, service is excellent, and the owner is there, and she likes you to be there. You have to try the duck, it is real Hong Kong style with just the right spices and accompanying sauces. I have been back now three times and I was reluctant to talk about this place as I want to keep my secret a secret, but it is time to share.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfectly Decent Chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A very intimate restaurant in central Munich which provides enjoyable chinese food but is a little let down by being (on the night I went at least) a little slow in the area of service although perfectly nice when in attendance. I went on a very busy Saturday night and enjoyed a very pleasant meal (Hong Kong chicken). I found the wine somewhat overpriced with the least expensive red wine (German) at €31. The food itself was good but not as hot as I might have liked when it arrived at table. My companion certainly enjoyed their crispy duck pancakes and indeed their visit more than I did. Faster service may have bumped this retaurant up to a 4 for me.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Steve C
Kosice, Slovakia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We went there for a quick lunch menu, but we saw so many dellicious courses in the menu that we had to come back also for a dinner. And I have to say it was really good idea, the atmosphere, stuff and meal from appetizer to desert was great, and soups! We enjoyed this place very much, spend there more than 3hours.

• Visited September 2011
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Crispy Aromatic Duck !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was the second time we went to Chi having read in a local newspaper that (finally!) there was a restaurant in Munich serving Crispy Aromatic Duck. Previously I had the pleasure of enjoying this only when visiting the U.K..

It was worth the visit. Depending on your appetite Chi offers a "starter" and "main dish" version. Yes, I chose it as a main dish. Really good.

• Visited September 2011
Munich, Germany
“Modern and authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Tried the Chi Hong Kong cuisine as I miss good chinese food and I have been looking for a good one for years. I was there for lunch and as I tried the soup I knew it was fresh and the ingredients had quality. I ordered the Lo Mein with chicken and it was really delicious. I was back with my wife for the evening as we both have been looking for a chinese that really does have quality and tastes great. We have finally found one after 5 years !! I can only say, try it out as the food is really good and the service too.