“Nice and modern apartment hotel near old town”

Adagio Muenchen City
Ranked #75 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Hong Kong
“Nice and modern apartment hotel near old town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in this newly opened hotel for two nights as part of my honeymoon trip.

We arrived at the hotel at around 2:40pm but was informed that the room was not yet ready. The staff said the room will be ready in about one hour, so we parked our car in the hotel's parking garage and walk around.

We backed at around 4pm and the hotel room was ready. The room is located on the first floor with a view of the street. Since I have told them before that this is my honeymoon trip, hotel staff had prepared a box of chocolate and some free drinks as a welcoming gift - a nice gesture.

The room has a kitchenette with microwave oven, electric stove, refrigerator and dish-washing machine. The bedroom and kitchenette/bathroom can be separated by a sliding door if needed.

The room is clean and spacious and has a simple yet modern decoration. It is air-conditioned. The bed is OK and there is no noise heard from the outside. We had a good two night sleep there. The bathroom is clean also and the water pressure is OK.

Our room rate did not include the breakfast. But a 10-minute walk will bring you to the main train station and there are a lot of choice.

Location-wise, the hotel is situated near the main train station and is a 15-20 minute walk to the Munich old town and some of the city's main tourist attractions. It may not be the most convenient location but we have no problem walking to the old town and we feel safe there.

For those who would like to cook, there is a large supermarket (Lidl) just one block away.

There is a self-operated laundry room located on the basement but we did not use it during our stay.

One thing that I would like the hotel to improve is the underground parking garage. The parking spaces (16 total) itself is good and you can take the elevator from the basement straight to the hotel room. What is causing trouble is how the gate will open. You are supposed to push a button on the intercom and the reception staff will try to operate the remote control from the reception desk to the remote sensor just outside the gate at a awkward angle. The end-result: You need to wait a minute or more to get the gate open. And when we are leaving, the gate did not open automatically (and there is no intercom inside), and I need to ask my wife to go back to reception thru basement to ask them to open the gate. What a mess!

Overall, besides the problem of the parking entrance, we are satisfied with the hotel and its service, and would recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stephon W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel - is about 2 blocks away (15 min walk) from the main station - Munich HBF, very convenient.

It was a brand new hotel when we visited - had only been open for 2 weeks I think. Our room was immaculate, loved the colours! we were very happy with our stay - wished we stayed longer. It felt like home, it was just so cozy. The only thing was - there was an iphone dock/alarm which locked my phone. After docking the phone and trying to listen to my music, it locked the phone and I couldn't use my phone at all. At the end I had to reset my phone in the Apple store and lost all my contacts.

The hotel is about 20-30 minutes walk to Marienplatz - where all the shops/restaurants are. I don't quite like the area where the hotel is in, it is slightly remote (eventhough it's close to the station), there were several adult shops around and not many restaurants/ cafes nearby. But there were 2 or 3 supermarkets just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

overall - happy with our 1 night stay. As we travel with our 3 years old son, our main criteria for a hotel is it has to be clean and close to the station. It's thumbs up from us!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family