“Modern stylish hotel.”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich
Ranked #37 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for three nights with a group of lads for Oktoberfest 2013. It is a very modern stylish hotel.The hotel is also very clean and the rooms are comfortable.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit away from the city centre - approx 15 Euro in a taxi. It was quite expensive, but we stayed here during Oktoberfest so all hotels are expensive then. Overall this is a good hotel and I would stay here again when visiting Munich.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank gord1983
There are newer reviews for Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Got 5 rooms for 8 guys for Oktoberfest. Ok rate. Initially very impressed. Slick modern super clean. Bathroom fixtures were spotless. But wifi didn't work AND there were charges minimum 5.90€ for an hour 11.90€ for 24h. I never got connected. When asked about this at desk I was told to call an 800 number. Next day a guy at desk watched me log on and it worked …until I got to my room. And I have NO idea if I got charged for every time I tried to sign up. Next - towels weren't changed. Yeah I know all about hanging them up vs leaving on floor. Then I used a ceramic coffee cup each morning. On the second day they left the dirty cup and didn't replace it or the coffee makings. Left used glasses in bathroom. There were also paper trash left on floor
On the plus side convenient to u bahn which was very easy to use. Breakfast was NOT included. So overall it worked for us but I wouldn't ever use this again if I had a reasonable alternative.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chimayred
LeonardoRoyal, Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear chimayred,

It is very unfortunate that you were nevertheless confronted with inconveniences during your stay. Therefore I would like to thank you very much for your feedback. For our hotel chain we decided to use an external provider for internet access and TV in order to ensure the best and latest technology. This does not allow us to offer internet access free of charge except for the computers at the business corner. However, together with our provider we are constantly in progress to improve our internet connection for all existing devices. We just doubled our bandwidth to offer a better and stable performance.

Furthermore I would really like to apologize that your room was not perfectly cleaned up and the towels were not changed. I am afraid your room wasn’t checked sufficiently, which of course is inexcusable.

Dear chimayred, I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope that one day we will be able to welcome you in our hotel again and convince you of its high quality.

Kind regards

Jan Heringa

Reviewed October 3, 2013

even though the hotel was within good walking distance of the train station, it is quite removed from Munich Central and therefore the action....the hotel itself is great, good room, great amenities, very helpful staff

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here due to a client's recommendation. First, the good points are the hotel including the room is clean, fairly new and close to the subway station. Now the bad: expensive, no free wifi, front desk people seemed to have bad attitudes, 21 Euro breakfast and no other food option in walking distance outside the hotel. The closest restaurant is Burger King, but it opens from 9am. There is a free early bird breakfast from 4:00-6:30am at the hotel, but don't expect much. I went at 6:20am, but they only had orange juice and yogurt remaining. At 6:25am, they started to clear the remaining stuff and I was only able to get a glass of orange juice. I got there too late but it's not worth waking up early for it. The cost to stay was about 300 Euros per night. Maybe because it was just before Oktoberfest, but this was ridiculous. I'm on a business trip, so the company pays and doesn't hurt my wallet, but if I was there on vacation, I would stay at a hotel closer to downtown Munich.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bluemanta333
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is within walking distance from the Olympic park and BMW welt, museum, plant, and head quarter. It is 5 km from the city center.

The hotel is clean and the rooms are small.

Parking is available at 15 € a day. No luggage services.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was ideal for our BMW visit. The only shortcoming was no free wifi, BUT....great location to the train station from the Munich airport, downtown Munich for dining shopping, and walking distance to BMW Welt- 10 minutes tops with luggage! The Room is comfortable, clean, and quiet. Though mostly a business persons hotel, the breakfast was an absolute feast and falls into the "Sunday Brunch" league. Easy to hit the autobahn access also.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Where in the world do you pay for internet? I am sorry but that was in 2003. Not today. When you come from abroad, WiFi is the best way to connect home. Management, get real! E.T. wanna phone home!

The size of the lobby makes it look like a french Hypermarche or an unpersonal Bahnhof (despite that it looks good on photos....).

They have live music in this oversized hall, and that puts me stright back in the sadder parts of the 80s. This is so over. Place looks like it is filled with used cars salesmen on business trip. A couple of nicely dressed girls in the bar looked expensive in a cheap way. I almost turned around before reaching the reception, but since the night was paid already I chose saving money and live with the depression. Could not understand what the receptionist said due to the loud music, but seemed to be someting nice and professional.

Rooms are correct though. Very standardly boringly correct. No surprises in any ways. Playing safe. Probably built in the late 90s when examining the style - Beige and dark fake wood. And probably this is the reason for keeping internet payable.

Room Tip: Pick a room closer to city center!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stale V

Dear Stale V,

I would like to thank you very much that you have taken the time to give us a feedback about your stay. We are very pleased to have been able to welcome you at the Leonardo Royal Hotel Munich. We are convinced that our beautiful hotel is an enrichment to Munich. Nevertheless it is very unfortunate that you were confronted with inconveniences during your stay.

For our hotel chain, we have decided to use an external provider for our TV service and Internet connections. Our main focus of interest is to offer a fast connection and the latest technology to our guests at any time. In addition to that, in our business corner we have 8 terminals to access the Internet, free of charge.

Once more, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope that we will be able to welcome you in our house again.

Kind regards