“My favorite restaurant in Munich”
Review of Shane's Restaurant

Shane's Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 3,725 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: An gemütlichen Holztischen probiert man immer neuen Kreationen von Shane McMahon in seinem Restaurant. Beispiele für seine euorpäisch und asiatisch geprägte Küche sind mit Langustinos gefüllte Dim Sum Ravioli in Krustentier-Curry-Schaum, Zweierlei vom Kalb auf geschmortem Apfel-Sellerie-Gemüse in Jus von schwarzem Kardamom oder Lagavulin-Jus Sweet Couscous mit marinierten Himbeeren und Rucola Ginger Beer-Sorbet.
Munich, Germany
“My favorite restaurant in Munich”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I love the concept at Shane's Restaurant. Normally, a surprise menu would make me nervous, but each dish is so creative and well thought out that I've never been disappointed. The food is truly delicious, and I love that it's different every time I visit. In addition, the Staff is friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting (or living in) Munich. The last time I went, we took a friend who then decided to host his company's Christmas party there.
The only thing to be aware of is that the tasting menu takes a very long time. It's not just dinner, it's an event! So, be sure not to plan anything for after, unless you plan it for verrrry late.

• Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
Dublin
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I ate in Shane's twice in the last month - both times as part of a group of 20 or so people. On both occasions the food, service and ambience was excellent. Will go back on my next visit to Munich

Visited October 2013
1 Thank huda42
“Best in the city”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is where you go for a special celebration. Food wonderful, service excellent and the novelty of not knowing what's coming next really works. Not as formal or pretentious as some of Munich's fine dining. It's fun, special and we'll worth the money

Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Super night at Shane's”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I co-hosted a group of 23 people from Ireland on Friday evening in Shane's Restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed the occasion. Shane's was selected on the strength of reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We were made to feel very welcome and throughout the evening we were looked after by attentive staff. We chose a tasting menu with wines, which was ideal for the group. We'll be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Men001
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal, even during Oktoberfest.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We came here during Oktoberfest without having a reservation. My friend Max has read good reviews so we made our ways here. It is a bit outside of the usual touristy areas, but it wasn't hard to find. The restaurant is actually located inside or right next to a hotel. The dining room was lovely. We opted for the 4-course tasting menu (or Michela described as "surprise menu"). Everything we had was fantastic, and the service from the waitress Michela (spelling?) was wonderful. She recommended great wine to go with each course. Before the meal started, she checked with us if there was any food allergies, so I had fessed up that I was lactose intolerant. The rest of the meal was excellent and came at a wonderful pace. We took pics of each course, and each course generated ooooh and aaaahs. Smitten. The meal came at a great time when we needed a change from the usual meat heavy German cuisine. The tasting menu consisted of fish, veggies, and the main course was veal. I am normally a big eater, but at the end of the meal, I was completly satisfied and very grateful for the experience. I emphasize experience, because the quality of food, service, ambience and even down to proper wine ware were all added up, exceeded expectations. thanks Max for suggesting this place! Oh... the staff spoke good English, and knew enough to describe the details in English, which helped us to appreciate the food/wine even more.

The took a point off due to 1) the restaurant didn't offer WIFI. I thought we were recommended here based on online reviews. Diners could've checked in online and generate more buzz for the restaurant at the same time. 2) when we checked in the restaurant, the waitress who too busy organizing business cards than seating us, when the restaurant was practically empty at the time!

It's a lovely experience overall.

• Visited October 2013