“Delicious and creative without being overly priced”
Review of Shane's Restaurant

Shane's Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 3,812 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: An gemütlichen Holztischen probiert man immer neuen Kreationen von Shane McMahon in seinem Restaurant. Beispiele für seine euorpäisch und asiatisch geprägte Küche sind mit Langustinos gefüllte Dim Sum Ravioli in Krustentier-Curry-Schaum, Zweierlei vom Kalb auf geschmortem Apfel-Sellerie-Gemüse in Jus von schwarzem Kardamom oder Lagavulin-Jus Sweet Couscous mit marinierten Himbeeren und Rucola Ginger Beer-Sorbet.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had Japanese udon with scallops. Nothing like what I had before in Japanese restaurants in asia and very interesting combination of ingredients and taste. Oishii! Well done!

2  Thank Ann C

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The restaurant is for the adventurous eater. There is no menu to speak of as everything is a surprise. It was asparagus/shpargel month so there was a special shpargel tasting menu. I explained that I was vegetarian and they were so accommodating. The food was prepared to order and one course was more delicious than the next. The sommelier was incredible, explaining each wine and the grapes that went into making the wine. The service was impeccable. We sat outside and when it became a bit chilly they turned on the gas heaters and gave us blankets to put on our laps. The garden with all of the home grown herbs was beautiful.....an oasis in the middle of a bustling city. This was a true find and I hope to return there one day soon.

2  Thank susie f
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've lived in & around Munich for almost 20 years & this is without a doubt the best restaurant experience I've ever had here. My husband & I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on May 1st. We chose an early dinner at 6pm. Since the Restaurant opens at 6pm we were the first guests. As it was a beautiful sunny evening we were seated out on the terrace. This was very tastefully decorated & planted with lots of fresh herbs & flowers. We then met Barbara McMahon who was busy arranging more flowers pots. She has great taste!! Generally there is no set menu as Shane & his team usually offer surprise menu's. As it happened this day was the premier for a 5 course "asparagus menu" written on sweet little slate tiles. We were priveledged to to be the first to order this menu. All courses except the main course were served with seafood. The main course was served with veal. When I mentiond that I don't eat any meats other than chicken & seafood, the very friendly waitress said "No Problem, we'll just replace the veal with seafood". It's a simple as that. We immediately. When asked if we would like an aperative I asked for a non-alcoholic drink. This too was not a problem. As I didn't know what to order the waitress said she'd ask Bill to surprise me. I was served a "Isar Flimmer" without the gin. Very Yummy :-) I liked it so much & ordered 3 of them throughout the evening. Then the food trail began :-) First we were served the delicious potato bread already mentoned in previous reviews. Very tasty!!! After were received a small surprise starter compliments of the kitchen. So that was two courses & the menu hadn't even started. When it did start each course was so delicious that we couldn't imagine it getting any better. Just when we thought we'd had the best course it just got better!!!! It's amazing how Shane manages to combine so many different ingredients, that I would never have associated with each other. Each one complimenting the other & creating an explosion of tastes. I discovered taste buds that I didn't even know existed :-) At the end of the evening Shane introduced himselt to us personally. Being a girl from Galway we found it easy to slip into a friendly little chat :-) When leaving the restaurant Barbara even brought us to the door. All in all the restaurant offers a very friendly & relaxed atmosphere of the highest standard. The food is beyond excellent. I can't wait to return & try a pure surprise menu. Whatever Shane dishes up, is definitely going to be Fan "Bloody" Tastic :-) Keep up the good work. We look forward to seeing you again.

2  Thank Claddaghgirl2002
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Food and service was fantastic at Shane's. Our meal was mostly fish and so well done we can not wait to take people there when they come visit us. We had a 5 course meal with the wine pairing. I probably wouldn't do the wine pairing again as they all seemed too sweet, they were all German wines though.

Restaurant was lively but not too loud. Great mix of people from toddlers to the very elderly.

1  Thank crazybubbas
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We ordered the five course "surprise" menu with complimentary wine. All the food was nicely prepared, tasted wonderful and were beautifully presented. Very fresh and innovative dishes. The wine selected for each dish also fit perfect and really enhanced the flavors. A great dining experience and I am looking forward to going back next time I am in Munich.

1  Thank Per M