“Excellent Location & Value”
Review of Hotel Lux

Hotel Lux
Ranked #167 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Perfect location! Really nice hotel - stairs can be a pain however!! Really nice breakfast and bar. Will stay again.

2  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We did not stay at this hotel but 'discovered' while lost in Marienplatz. The "cosiest' place in Munich. The bartender is authentic and takes care with cocktails. Service staff friendly with great recommendations.
Our stay was brief and this was a gem. Warm "forties" era decor, small and candlelit. Romantic.
The champagne risotto was unbelievable. Our prince of Wales cockatils came in Silver Mugs sovered outside with frozen ice chunks, inside sugar, bitters, champagne, cognac and citrus peel with dark green mint. Heaven!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel does not even deserve a rating of terrible. It should have a rating, do not stay at this hotel. No elevator with a spiral staircase to the 4th floor. Even the paramedics said it was the worse hotel they ever been at in Munich. Oh I forgot to mention, sorry, I had to be rushed to the hospital the first morning I was there, because I caught a virus from the extreme filthiness of the hotel. The staff was not helpful at all, except for Sven Reumann, the morning I had to go to the hospital. He is the best thing the hotel has to offer. The owner or just bartender, not sure, is extremely rude and does not even need to be in the hotel business. He definitely bartends, but claims also to be the owner. Tall, bald and a beard and once again EXTREMELY RUDE. Stay away because he is very very very disrespectful.

Room Tip: Stay at the HOTEL PLATZL, MUENCHEN. It is a much better hotel with a great breakfast for only 40 eu...
7  Thank WorldTraveller201107
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Bad value , bad room, no elevator.The only good thing is the convenient location (just off the Marienplatz) . Over-Over-priced during the christmas period.I never come back here.

2  Thank karatsi2
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Brilliant little hotel right in the heart of Munich. Really friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfasts and cockatils! Perfect location, all the main sights are within walking distance. Hotel Lux made our weekend great fun.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is a very minimalist but pleasant hotel right in the heart of the action for Munich. We found the staff to be very cordial although they are quite busy in the restaurant. We appreciated the sound proof windows as there is a lot of street noise late at night from the nearby Hofbrauhaus & other beer halls. That could affect comfort in the summer. The breakfasts are to order from a fantastic selection & everything was excellent. On Friday nights the bar & restaurant are packed with gorgeous young people & the restaurant itself is quite attractive. One down note is the lack of an elevator so be prepared to carry bags up stairs.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so there's quite a hike with bags to upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolshodge
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I booked a room here for two nights for oktoberfest this year. Having been out all day enjoying the festival, I came back to the hotel bar and sat down to order a drink. I was told that all of the seats were reserved for hotel guests. I tried to explain that I was a guest but the tall, bespectacled staff member was having none of it! There was no-one in the bar at all! I was told "we would rather have no money than your money", I've never been so offended by a barman in my life! I was then asked to leave by way of him standing over me, far too close for comfort.

I ended up going down the road for a night cap and then going back to my room (the entrance to the hotel is out of sight of the bar).

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel if you don't want to be offended.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends