“Great location”

Ranked #41 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Marsascala, Malta
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The motel has a very modern design and is very clean and well-kept.

The receptionists are not the most efficient in the world - but they are helpful and friendly.

The rooms have a modern feel too, but are really small...it's quite hard to make your way around the room once you place two pieces of luggage inside it! However they haven't compromised on the shower - it's nice and spacious and perfect to walk into after a long day of exploring the city.

Best of all the motel is located right next to a delicious bakery (perfect for breakfast) and just a few meters away from Moosach station - with very regular underground service to and from the city.

All in all a great place to stay for those who intend to spend most of their time in the city center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beta-J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Munich
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hotel is very modern, nice personal and clean rooms, perfect sound isolation, but room itself was very small for 2 person. So you must open the window at night because soon it became very hot inside and conditioner, no matter how it is good to be, can't help you with it. And as soon as you open the window perfect sound isolation not working any more. Room is perfect for one person but for two... Anyway I'd recommend this hotel for one-last-night stay in -- location near S-bahn to airport really save your time and nervs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We got here by s-bahn from the airport in about half an hour. Get off at Moosach Station. You cannot miss the hotel; it is practically on the station platform.

Check-in was friendly and efficient. There were many tourist information brochures available and we were given free maps. Our room was small but clean and comfortable. Although it was directly above the station, it was well sound proofed and we heard no train noise. The room had tea/coffee making facilities, but no safe or fridge.

There was a bakery very close to the hotel from which we purchased breakfast. There were also some restaurants, fast food restaurants and bars near the hotel.

Public transport facilities from the hotel were excellent. you can get to the centre by s-bahn or u-bahn in about 15 minutes.

The hotel was quiet at night and we slept well. We stayed here twice and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was an extremely efficient clean and friendly place to stay.

We were greeted with a pack of Haribo Gold bears on our pillow which was a good touch.

The room was very clean and included all the mod cons. The card system is uite fancy where you need the card in the slot.

It is a little outside of the centre however there are fantastic transport links into the centre which takes less than ten mins to the main square.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone I know.

• Stayed August 2013
Latham, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Leto -- I have now stayed here three times. Twice with my younger (51) brother and tonight, by myself. Would I bring my wife?? Most likely. Depends if we were staying for one night or a week (see below).

The Leto seems to be one of a new generation of bare-bones basic, but trying to be interesting, hotels. CitizenM in Amsterdam (at Schiphol) was the first of this genre I have stayed at and much more extreme.

I would call this an “in & out” place. Not a “we’ll stay for the week” sort of place. The distinction is new to me but seems to make sense. If I were staying for more than 2 nights at a time then I would want a place where I could hang out in a bit more. Likewise, I would want a bigger place as two people hanging out in a Leto room is about 1.5 people too many. So, would I bring my wife?? Yes, sure as heck I would. But only for a one or two night stay. For anything longer I would have to find a place where two people stay without constantly tripping over each other.

Leto offers friendly and intelligent staff. Small but clean rooms. A great policy on storing luggage!!! (Will say more about this below.) And rather than offering up a Frühstuck of dried cereal, bland coffee, uninteresting cheezes and meats, and chewy rolls, they send you next store to a first rate Bäckerei.

Tonight I am staying in a single. I haven’t taken out the ruler, but it seems to be exactly the same size (though 1/2 the price) of the double that mein Bruder und ich stayed at three weeks ago. We had two single beds, this one has one queen. I would imagine that if I had been traveling with my wife and had asked for one room with a queen that we would have been given this room but charged twice as much. Well, that is commerce!!

The location here is great. Even on day 1 arriving in München dazed and confused from the overnight flight, I easily found it. With about 1 day of experience with the München U-Bahn, S-Bahn, bus, trolley, etc system you will realize that this is really a great location.

What more can I say. Friendly staff. A location made central by taking advantage of the great public transportation in this town, clean, and cheap. Shut the windows and you won’t hear the S-Bahn (on one side) or the street and trolley’s (on the other side). Really?? Yes, really!!

BTW: On your way back from the center city, stop off at Liam some day and go to the Hirschgarten. I have been told by two natives that they consider this the better park and biergarten than the Englischen Garten. This is also one S-Bahn stop away from Moosch and the Leto. You will have to walk about 3 or 4 blocks from the S-Bahn but, heck, the Germans do it. You can too.

Cheers!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Munich but my normal hotel was full because of a trade fair. I therefore ended up at the LETO Motel. The hotel is a little outside of the centre of Munich but the S Bahn stops just outside the hotel (good U-Bahn link also). For those who like to sleep with the windows open this might be a little noisy, but for me it was fine.

From the minute I stepped into the motel I was impressed. The young lady on reception was very helpful booking me in and even printing off S-Bahn times for me. The room itself was cleaned to a very high standard and the fixtures and fittings felt new. The room had a double bed which was comfortable, and some hanging space for a few shirts and trousers.

I never used it but there was a bakery next to the hotel that did cold meats, breads, cakes and I think even scrambled egg. If you looking for a full english breakfast however you will be disappointed, but then you are in Europe ! In the evening there are bars and a beer garden all within 5 to 10 minutes walk.

I also got wi-fi in my room rate that was fast and reliable. I would use this hotel again on a visit to Munich

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper try to get a room away from the S-Bahn line
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Leo Motel can be reached from the airport or railway station by S1 train .After getting down from the train if you walk 100m you reach an elevator which takes you to U bahn station and also brings you out very close to Leo Motel. The hotel is right next to the s bahn station 100 m from the u bahn metro and bus and tram terminal is just outside the motel. The rooms are nice clean , they have a tea coffee maker and free wifi in the room.My rooms window was very close to the railway station but the sound proofing is so good that I could not hear any noise. Though the motel does not serve breakfast the bakery in the same building opens from 6 am to 8 pm serves you many options for breakfast to dinner. I had my all meals there.People at reception were very courteous. If I ever go to munich again would like to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the railway track or the street where you have bus terminal. I think if you take a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo