“A "nextgen" hotel, a good deal, in a surprisingly central location.”

LetoMotel Muenchen Moosach
Ranked #39 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Leto -- I have now stayed here three times. Twice with my younger (51) brother and tonight, by myself. Would I bring my wife?? Most likely. Depends if we were staying for one night or a week (see below).

The Leto seems to be one of a new generation of bare-bones basic, but trying to be interesting, hotels. CitizenM in Amsterdam (at Schiphol) was the first of this genre I have stayed at and much more extreme.

I would call this an “in & out” place. Not a “we’ll stay for the week” sort of place. The distinction is new to me but seems to make sense. If I were staying for more than 2 nights at a time then I would want a place where I could hang out in a bit more. Likewise, I would want a bigger place as two people hanging out in a Leto room is about 1.5 people too many. So, would I bring my wife?? Yes, sure as heck I would. But only for a one or two night stay. For anything longer I would have to find a place where two people stay without constantly tripping over each other.

Leto offers friendly and intelligent staff. Small but clean rooms. A great policy on storing luggage!!! (Will say more about this below.) And rather than offering up a Frühstuck of dried cereal, bland coffee, uninteresting cheezes and meats, and chewy rolls, they send you next store to a first rate Bäckerei.

Tonight I am staying in a single. I haven’t taken out the ruler, but it seems to be exactly the same size (though 1/2 the price) of the double that mein Bruder und ich stayed at three weeks ago. We had two single beds, this one has one queen. I would imagine that if I had been traveling with my wife and had asked for one room with a queen that we would have been given this room but charged twice as much. Well, that is commerce!!

The location here is great. Even on day 1 arriving in München dazed and confused from the overnight flight, I easily found it. With about 1 day of experience with the München U-Bahn, S-Bahn, bus, trolley, etc system you will realize that this is really a great location.

What more can I say. Friendly staff. A location made central by taking advantage of the great public transportation in this town, clean, and cheap. Shut the windows and you won’t hear the S-Bahn (on one side) or the street and trolley’s (on the other side). Really?? Yes, really!!

BTW: On your way back from the center city, stop off at Liam some day and go to the Hirschgarten. I have been told by two natives that they consider this the better park and biergarten than the Englischen Garten. This is also one S-Bahn stop away from Moosch and the Leto. You will have to walk about 3 or 4 blocks from the S-Bahn but, heck, the Germans do it. You can too.

Cheers!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Munich but my normal hotel was full because of a trade fair. I therefore ended up at the LETO Motel. The hotel is a little outside of the centre of Munich but the S Bahn stops just outside the hotel (good U-Bahn link also). For those who like to sleep with the windows open this might be a little noisy, but for me it was fine.

From the minute I stepped into the motel I was impressed. The young lady on reception was very helpful booking me in and even printing off S-Bahn times for me. The room itself was cleaned to a very high standard and the fixtures and fittings felt new. The room had a double bed which was comfortable, and some hanging space for a few shirts and trousers.

I never used it but there was a bakery next to the hotel that did cold meats, breads, cakes and I think even scrambled egg. If you looking for a full english breakfast however you will be disappointed, but then you are in Europe ! In the evening there are bars and a beer garden all within 5 to 10 minutes walk.

I also got wi-fi in my room rate that was fast and reliable. I would use this hotel again on a visit to Munich

Room Tip: If your a light sleeper try to get a room away from the S-Bahn line
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Leo Motel can be reached from the airport or railway station by S1 train .After getting down from the train if you walk 100m you reach an elevator which takes you to U bahn station and also brings you out very close to Leo Motel. The hotel is right next to the s bahn station 100 m from the u bahn metro and bus and tram terminal is just outside the motel. The rooms are nice clean , they have a tea coffee maker and free wifi in the room.My rooms window was very close to the railway station but the sound proofing is so good that I could not hear any noise. Though the motel does not serve breakfast the bakery in the same building opens from 6 am to 8 pm serves you many options for breakfast to dinner. I had my all meals there.People at reception were very courteous. If I ever go to munich again would like to stay there.

Room Tip: Rooms either face the railway track or the street where you have bus terminal. I think if you take a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rajan51
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pro
it's really cheap. only Eur64/night.

location is good as we drive to/from munich. not far from nymphenburg. It's only 1min walk to S/U bahn station. 15min on underground to city center.

facilities are new and room is very clean.
Con
room is super small. can hardly move around but stick to bed.
parking costs Eur10. a bit expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not right in city centre, but train is behind hotel making it fairly easy to commute. The area has a bakery and gelato and kebab restaurant that were clean and yum. The rooms are small but they have everything u need and r clean and some what cosy. Check in and out was simple. There are vending machines with cheap water and beer, free wifi, good shower... They also leave haribo lollies on ur pillows every day!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

New motel, easy to find, polite and friendly staff, small but very clean room, daily cleaning, elevator is activated only with the key room so not everybody can get in easy. Good connection with U-bahn and S-bahn to the centre (15min away). Even if motel is located at the railway station, there is not much noise. One door for toilet and bathroom (if you close the toilet the bathroom is opened and reverse) :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ivana030
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was traveling with my boyfriend and we called the hotel the morning before arriving to confirm our reservation and to let them know we would be arriving late. We asked them to reserve a room for us and they said it was fine because they have 24 reception service.

We were driving from Frankfurt and we didn't arrive until midnight. The guy at the reception was extremely rude to us when we tried to check in. He told us that we do not have a reservation, even though he didn't try to look, and that the hotel is booked and all the guests with reservations had already arrived. I tried to give him a print out of our confirmation from Expedia but he wouldn't look at it. We had to find another hotel to stay in at 1am and ended up staying at a holiday outside of town.

Their customer service was horrible. The guy at the reception didn't even try to help us find a room in the middle of the night or apologize for the mix up. I told him I had called earlier in the morning and confirmed my reservation but since I couldn't tell him the name of the person I spoke to, he couldn't help me.

I DO NOT recommend this hotel. It seems like a good deal, but if you run into a problem, then you're out of luck. Not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple