“Voyeuristic Housekeepers, No Customer Service- Beware!!”

LetoMotel Muenchen Moosach
Ranked #38 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I should start by saying that my husband works for an international hotel chain with 540 hotels around the world, and I travel for work 75+ days per year; we are very used to staying in hotels all around the world. We feel that we have experienced a gross invasion of privacy, unlike anything we have ever experienced at a hotel before.

I shared my concerns with LetoMotel and they did nothing to remedy the situation, aside from offering us breakfast at the quick-service bakery next door (10 Euro for two people).

Before a housekeeper enters the room, standard procedure has always, in my experience been: Knock— Announce that housekeeping is outside the door— Knock – Slowly enter room.

While at LetoMotel, my husband and I were absolutely shocked by the practices from the housekeeping staff. Every single day, before 10 a.m., we would get one knock on the door, then a member of the LetoMotel staff quickly opening the door and entering.

We were getting over jet-lag and were sleeping later than we normally would, thus getting ready later than we normally would.

The first day, I was in the shower, with the bathroom door open while my husband was getting dressed in the bedroom (was not yet dressed). We received ONE knock on the door, then a housekeeper was IN OUR ROOM. It was a frightening and uncomfortable experience for my husband to have to run across the room to attempt to shut the door to the bathroom (to protect me), while having to shove the front door shut on the housekeeper (to protect himself). The male housekeeper was already halfway in the room and saw both myself and my husband completely unclothed.

This happened every single day — a housekeeper would enter after ONE knock, as early as 9 a.m., not identifying themselves, finding us in several uncomfortable situations— in the middle of getting dressed, in the shower/bathroom and in bed.

With how the bathrooms are designed, there is one sliding door so you can either have the door to the toilet OR door to the shower closed and this is located right at the door to the room.

Again, this happened Every- Single- Day. To the point where we had anxiety and were uncomfortable anytime we were in our room, feeling that at any moment someone could barge right in.

It was extra uncomfortable seeing the housekeeper in the hotel’s common areas and elevator, after he had seen us naked the previous days.

One of the days we were not ready to leave our room at 10:00 a.m. so politely asked the staff to return in 30 minutes. We were told that unless we left right then, we would not get our room freshened up as the housekeeping staff was leaving for the day.

The final day, we received a knock at the door at 10 a.m. to clean (checkout is 11:00 am). We asked the housekeeping staff if they could come back in one hour once we were finished packing. At 11:05, we were zipping our suitcases up and getting organized to leave for a trans-Atlantic flight, and the housekeeper returned with a loud, forceful knock, telling us to leave as it was past checkout time. Five minutes past checkout time seems a quite aggressive for guests paying more than $1,000 for a five night stay.

If hotel policy is that room cleaning occurs at a certain time daily, and the room should be vacated at that time in order to be cleaned, guests should be advised at the time they check-in.
One time, I would write it off to accident. Five times, feels predatory. Frankly I have had more privacy in a hostel and would have rather stayed in one over LetoMotel.

Room Tip: Strongly advise against staying at this hotel.
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Elizabeth0523

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed with my wife for two nights. It is a new budget hotel and the primary attractions of this hotel are cleanliness, price of the rooms and connectivity to all parts of the city. It is located very close to the s-bahn, u-bahn and tram stations (Stop: Moosach) and it is quite easy to reach any part of the city comfortably within minutes (13 mins by s-bahn to the hauptbahnhof). Room was sound proof and the bed was really comfortable. The area in general appeared safe and it is also certainly a plus point. The staff were also very friendly. Though the hotel doesn't offer breakfast, there is a bakery in the same building and it provides really good breakfast at very reasonable prices. The most negative thing about this hotel is the fact that rooms are extremely small. One has hardly any space to walk! So beware of this aspect while booking. Another negative thing to be mentioned (which the management should possibly rectify) is the glasses and spoons provided for making tea/coffee in room. At present they are using paper cups and plastic spoons (which gets bended while pouring hot water and also gives the tea/coffee bad taste!!) and the management should try to provide glass cups and steel spoons for making coffee/ tea.

Overall this is a good place for those looking for a modern, clean, value for money budget hotel in Munich, which is easily accessible by public transport.

Positives:
Clean rooms
Safe location
Value for money

Negatives:
Extremely small room
Terribly bad paper cups/ plastic cups in room

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank suhruthu
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is located off the city centre, that's why the room rates are affordable. Despite its location, the hotel is well-connected to the city centre and airport via the S-bahn and U-bahn. Moosach station is right at the corner of the hotel. There is also a bakery (great bkfast place) and a doner kebab fastfood (good for late nights) next door.

The room is small but it does not feel crammed. It is brightly lit and has a large window that can be opened for ventilation. Otherwise you may use the air-conditioning. The room also comes with a kettle and complimentary coffee & tea.

For the price I am paying especially during peak season (Oktoberfest), this is a very decent hotel and value-for-money!

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank kooifei
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was perfect for us for Oktoberfest. It only took us 15-25 mins to get into the centre depending on which mode of transport you take - and there are options! Outside is a U-Bahn station, overground station and the tram.

The rooms are bright, modern, spotless and cleaned everyday. They are quite compact but fine for a couple, especially if you're planning to be out most of the time.

The only small irritation is that the separate bathroom and toilet have one single sliding door to close either one area or the other at a time. The lights go on in both even if you're just using one area, so if one of you gets up in the night to use the toilet, the light comes on in the shower room and there is no door to block it out from the bedroom! A small thing but worth mentioning.

The reception has a vending machine selling beers and there's a great bakery next door for breakfast.

The staff were really helpful in giving directions.

Overall a good little hotel with reasonable rates during the festival.

Room Tip: Ask to be on a higher floor so you're further away from road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lineyt
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was looking for a place to stay for one night before catching a flight out of MUC. I was attracted to LetoMotel because it was very close to the S-bahn 1 route to the airport and because it was cheap. Here's what I can report.

It is literally next door to the S-bahn Station. It is pretty much impossible to get on the wrong train to the airport (unless you get on the train heading in the wrong direction), or to screw up a transfer from the U-bahn to the S-bahn. I've stayed walking distance to the Hauptbanhof and I've stayed in Sendlinger Tor and had to transfer at Marienplatz and I can assure you it's possible for even experienced travellers to get turned around in those big stations. Not so in Moosach.

The room is small -- really small. I mean really, really small. But it is designed very cleverly to maximize the usability of the space that is there. The shower is a very good size, the toilet is not cramped at all, the wi-fi works great, the TV is a nice little LCD.There is airconditioning, but it's not very powerful. For one night it was perfect. If you're staying more than one night and intend to spend any time in the room, yout will find it very cramped. But if you intend to spend all your time out of the room, and are just looking for a comfortable cheap place to crash, the room is fine.

No dining room/bar but there is a bakery next door and the vending machine sells beer.

Transportation downtown is good. The tram stop is right in front of the hotel, and the U-bahn also stops at the station next door. No matter how you get downtown, it's a long trip.

The front desk staff were polite and helpful.

For a one night stay, or even two nights, I'd stay there again. Any longer than that and I'd stay in one of the downtown hotels I like, even though the LetoMotel is much cheaper. But if you're on a budget, don't mind the fact that you are in the suburbs, and can live with the very small room, the LetoMotel is a really good option.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the road, not the train tracks.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FormerlyBCBoy3
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a very clean, small hotel in the suburbs of Munich. All means of transport are there: tram, S-bahn, U-bahn, bus and taxi. Incredible, isn't it? And when I say there, I mean there. You can't imagine!! Rooms are small, indeed, but you don't need more space if you are a light-traveller. Rooms are cleaned and tidied daily and there is a new little packet of Haribo jelly bears every day. Our room was facing the street and not the rails so there was no sound at all. I don't know about those rooms overlooking the station. Mattresses are very soft and they may not be comfortable for those having back problems. Personally, I would prefer harder ones although I don't have any problems with my spine.
There is no room for breakfast there, but don't worry. Wimmer bakery is next door, so you can have breakfast there. Or, if you are patient, you can go downtown where there are cafes and bakeries with largere variety. The only negative point is the reception staff who could be more polite and smiling. Instead, some did not greeted us and another young lady kept talking on the phone for long while I was standing in front of her for more than 5 minutes.
Generally, I think that it is a wonderful choice and we will stay there again next time in Munich.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine70
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Positives:
-Comfortable rooms with big beds and nice bathroom
-Close to S-bahn station so very easy to reach city center and airport
-Free wifi
Negatives:
-Very noisy because of the train station, especially for rooms looking at that way
-I asked for an early check in, 1 month ago and not provided. I doubt that was 100% booked but they have the right to refuse.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo