“This made our time in Germany!”
Review of Historical Walks

Historical Walks
Ranked #64 of 127 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour company based in Munich, Germany which provides historical based walking tours of Munich & the surrounding area. Our focus is to provide exceptional tours, at a budget price, with the most personal service possible. All guides are given extensive research material to not just learn the tour, but to learn the history throughly. We are passionate about what we do and simply want you to enjoy Munich as much as possible.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I wanted to take this tour because it also visited the boyhood home of Mad King Ludwig and also Neueschaunstein. Great experience! Jeff the guide knew all the answers to all our questions and was great and leading us around the "back way" to the sights. Very nice guy and they dont overbook their tours (max 14 but we only had 4 that day). I would recommend paying the extra to go into the castles where they have a designated tour by the staff. This was the only tour I saw that included both of the castles and we had a great experience!

1  Thank Ashley N
There are newer reviews for Historical Walks

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I really hate to give these people a poor review, they are young people trying to make a go of a business something I normally would support 100% - BUT. I booked and paid for a tour of Neuschwanstein 3 months upfront. On the day we arrived at the station in good time and the guides arrived at the correct time and place. We were the only 2 people at the meeting point, after an uncomfortable 10 minutes of trying to engage the two people in conversation we were told that as nobody else had shown up they were going to cancel the tour. We were offered 3 options - go two days later (we would be in Vienna); go by ourselves (they would tell us how to do it!); go with another tour group who were about to leave.
We opted for option 3 were rushed across the station, asked to pay for another tour with another group (I was so keen not to miss the train I didn't argue about paying for something I'd already paid for!!!, why didn't they pay for it ?????) We made the tour with another company who had two groups of 30 people booked for the same date?????? Had a great day out but feel that Historical Walks did not handle the situation at all well. I did get a refund from them after some delay

4  Thank AW54AbuDhabi
Reviewed July 22, 2013

First off, I can't comment on the tour itself which by previous reviews sounds like it would have been good.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find the group at the meeting point and was therefore unable to go on the tour. I was at the meeting point 15 minutes early and at no time could I see a sign or guide wearing a clearly visible shirt identifying historical walks, even though I could easily identify another tour group with New Europe. After talking with Jeff via email, he says that the other people who booked were able to find him, so for whatever reason even though I looked in the correct spot for more than half an hour, I was unable to find them.

What I'm most disappointed in however, is the unwillingness of this company to help me out in this situation. I understand the refund policy meant that I could not get a refund and I accept that. However, I do not accept that they could not put me on another tour in the following days. Jeff stated that was not possible due to the fact the train tickets were pre-purchased, however, I offered to pay for the train ticket again and that to me would be fair and reasonable for everyone but his position could not be changed.

I feel that this tour was comparatively more expensive than others tours and I feel that an arrangement should have been made to allow me to do this tour, so that I did not lose money for a service that I did not receive.

I wouldn't recommend them simply because they were unwilling to help me in this circumstance, and after talking to several others in my hostel, they had great experiences on other tours.

4  Thank GazKendall
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were fortunate enough to be shown around the castles by our kind and knowledgeable guide, Jeff. He certainly knew his stuff and was more than happy to go above and beyond for his group (which, on the day turned out to be just us!)

A great small business run by the man himself and the tour was certainly one we'll remember fondly.

1  Thank elenaandben
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We visited Munchen in summer of 2011 and we stayed for a week.
Best day we had during that week was the day we took the tour to Neuschwanstein.
Jeff was the best guide you can have, gave a lot of historical information about the castle but we didnt get bored at any point of the trip.

Size of the group was great, there were seven people among us(total of nine ppl).

Welcome to Finland Jeff! If you ever come to Finland feel free to contact me for tips what to do and a place to stay :)

1  Thank Janne L