“Fantastic fairytale castle tour!!”
Review of Historical Walks

Historical Walks
Ranked #59 of 122 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a tour company based in Munich, Germany which provides historical based walking tours of Munich & the surrounding area. Our focus is to provide exceptional tours, at a budget price, with the most personal service possible. All guides are given extensive research material to not just learn the tour, but to learn the history throughly. We are passionate about what we do and simply want you to enjoy Munich as much as possible.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic fairytale castle tour!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is a brilliant way to spend a day out of the Munich Beerhalls and I can not recommend it enough! The tour was great value for money compared to alot of the tours we looked at doing to the Neuschwanstein Castle. This tour was for Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castle, via train.

Our guide Jeff was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the history of these two beautiful sites, the surrounding area and ofcourse Ludwig II. The tour was really interesting and fun, with lots of opportunities to take pictures of the famous fairytale castles. We opted to go around the inside of Neuschanstein, which is an extra option as all the tours of the castle interiors are done by the local tourist centre guides.

The tour of the inside was very short and nearly all the information they gave we had already been told by Jeff, but I think it is still worth the extra money to see the rooms. Our guide Jeff took care of getting all our tickets for us, including the train there and reserving a table for us to eat lunch at the castle restaurant. Just like to say thanks again for a brilliant day!!! :)

Visited October 2012
4 Thank appy1333

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant day with our lovely guide Dennae”
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

my daughter and I have just spent a day with a very competent and caring guide Dennae. we were thoroughly entertained and looked after all day.

Marilyn Perth W Australia

Chicago, Illinois
“this is THE tour for neuschwanstein castle”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

this is such a wonderful tour! our guide was amazingly informative and had an answer for every question. never once did i feel rushed as some tours can make me feel and our guide was sweet as pie. i highly reccomend this company

Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very personal, very knowledgeable”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We just came back from our trip to Munich, which was a terrific experience. Our main reason for visiting was to see Neuschwanstein Castle, a dream of mine for some time. We used Historical Walks since they had a little flyer at our hotel, and also had strong reviews on Trip Advisor. They didn't disappoint.

The tour is guided by a young couple who were incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable. Jeff ended up being our tour guide for the day and kept us on track, on time, and well informed. I was very happy with the tour, and got plenty of opportunities to take some great pics and also go inside the amazing castle.

Two strong thumbs up from my end, would recommend them to anyone.

Visited March 2012
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Luck by Chance”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

When I decided to utilize the free Sunday in between my office trip to Munich, I had 3 options to chose from 3 pamphlets about Tour companies found in my hotel lobby. So I packed my trip bag and reached the Central Station at the suggested time. However, i was disappointed to see that there was no guide of the tour company at the designated spot. Just when I was wandering around thinking of what to do next, I saw this tall lanky young man holding a well organized placard of 'Historical Walks'. A small group of people had gathered around to start the trip. I immediately decided on impulse to join this group. They were led by Dennea the leading lady of the 'HW' team.
It turned out to be the beginning of a very memorable trip for me in a long time. A single right step led me to a series of good ones - great sunny weather throughout, beautiful countryside, nice trains & most important a very well-informed guide. She guided us through the lanes of the village at the base of the Castles to the exotic viewpoints and the Castle itself, weaving in the story of the crazy King Ludwig with the adeptness of a granny telling stories to her grandchildren. A gentle leader who let us be whenever we wished and took us through where it was a must. We weren't prodded into any shops to buy things but just advised us leaving things to our choice. We were able to cover all the important places and still made it back in time. We had lunch at a nice Bavarian restaurant where food was available even for vegetarians. The knowledge of the guide was as good as a local or even better, true to the name of 'Historical Walks'.
I would sure bring my family back here sometime in the future to enjoy this trip again.
A big thumbs up !