“Great hotel”
Review of CORTIINA Hotel

CORTIINA Hotel
Ranked #11 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed at the Cortiina for the first time couple weeks ago, and found it to be quite satisfying. It's located on the quiet section of central Munich, i didn't experience any noise factor at all. My room was at the annex, not the main building, but it was very quiet. I was surprised at the size of the room, much bigger than I had expected, it even had a kitchenette. The Cortiina uses Ren amenities, and are of very good quality, same as what they use in the Charles Hotel in Munich.

Room Tip: I've only stayed at the annex, but highly recommended.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Cortiina is awesome. It is the most reasonably priced hotel in old town, but there is nothing that they skimp on. The location is fantastic. We were there in the dead of winter when there was snow and ice, but it was a quick walk to the Marienplatz S-bahn station, only a block from Hofbrau Haus, and close to the Glockenspiel. There are some wonderful restaurants around it (and a kepab house a block away in case you've had one too many liters at a beer hall) and you're a short walk to the Viktualenmarkt.

The hotel itself is swanky. The staff is young and fun, but very professional. Their service level was amazing. When we needed directions or a tip on something they were always able to provide it in flawless English (which helped since my Deutsch ist nicht gut).

The room itself looked like something you'd find in a boutique hotel in Santa Monica or San Francisco - cool decorations, nice fixtures, and just an overall upper-eschelon vibe. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was stylish - I can't rave enough about this hotel.

In short, if you're going to Munich and you're looking for a hotel, just stop looking and book this place. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great location, nice rooms, friendly and capable service both at the reception desk and in the Restaurant plus free WiFi.

I've stayed in the Cortiina several times on business trips and can only recommend it. Less than a 5 minutes walk from the subway station 'Marienplatz' in the city centre, it's easy to get everywhere with a day pass instead of getting stuck in traffic in a taxi. Also, they make really great coffee (I'm Viennese, this is important ;-)) which starts off the day on the right note.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Cortiina hotel is really a great boutique hotel in a perfect location in downtown Munich! The street is somewhat of a smallish side street but with seconds of a walk you are smack in the middle of tourist locations and the shopping, so the location is really top. Inside the hotel is efficient and very stylish. I really like the lounge feeling the reception & bar area has and the rooms are very nice with old wooden floors. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt and will return to it myself for my next Munich stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here one night at start of a recent ski trip. Our car rental was significantly delayed, and the hotel staff made us comfortable, called the rental agency, and generally helped us through the delay. Loved our room. Modern. Great bath products. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed in this modern hotel beginning of March.

Glass in the bathroom looking the room was kind of funny at the beginning. Bathtub was great!

Updated rooms, clean and well located, just few blocks from Marienplatz. Our room had anice size.

I guess I expected more the money spent.... But other than that was a very nice experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

At the 2nd time at the Cortiina. First time a few years ago we were kicked out of our room (CORTIINA MAISONETTE SUITE) after the first night to be moved to a lower level accommodation, even though the staff knew we had a big birthday party coming up and we even had ordered food and drinks etc. The food btw, turned out to be pretty good. Now I was put into a room on the first floor where you can't see outside as the decorative shades outside don't open or pull up. On top of it you don't have a desk chair. You need to pull a bench which sits in front of the bed up so you can work on your desk which is extremely uncomfortable. When I asked to switch rooms I was told that there is nothing we could do and that their partner hotel Louis is booked too. Getting the same "I don't care attitude" attitude from the front desk staff as a couple of years ago really leaves a bad taste and I don't think I will come back. I really do like the Louis where I stayed a few nights 1.5 years ago and their reception stuff is much nicer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends