All reviewsbar centralegreat locationcortina hotelannex buildingdesign hotelbuilding next doornespresso machinethe main hotelmarienplatz stationfood marketcentral locationbeer hallssitting arealouis hotelmain sightsfront desk staffsmall kitchenette
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Small boutique hotel located just one block away from the Marienplant. It's steps away from restaurants, minutes from subway, open market, beer garden, shopping, department store!
Room was clean, simple, no frill. No gym type of facility.
Breakfast was decent.
Service @ front desk as well as the restaurant were attentive. Waiter n waitress remember what we ordered for drinks by 2nd morning.
If I have to complaint, it's the pillow, It's pretty lame! Time to invest some sleep quality fluff!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I agree with previous reviewers that this place is stylish, cool, and beautiful. We were in room 511 and it was palatial, with a gorgeous bathoom and luxurious linens. A beautiful mix of old and new. My favourite thing about the hotel was its location, we were here on an extremely short stopover of less than 24 hours and we were able to soak in a lot of central Munich's charm including Marienplatz, the market and the Hofbrauhaus all in a short space of time. If you are here for a longer trip, you might want to consider a less expensive location but if you want to be in the centre of it all this is the place to be.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a small but clean and stylish hotel only a few blocks from Marianplatz and access to all touristic points around Munich either by foot or U-Bahn. I would highly recommend for both business and pleasure travelers. We asked for a room facing away from the street and it was extremely quiet. However, there was little natural light in the room and the room did not have a comfortable chair to sit in for just relaxing. Next time I would consider a larger room facing the street.Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank world_citizen61
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Its a cool boutiquey place. They do a lot of things right, but they miss it on little stuff. The rooms are very good. Big, spacious and appointed properly. They have the traditional German bed, no blanket but a square pillow and a heavier duvet kind of cover. I love this design. The hotel overall is contemporary with a reasonably well thought out look. Location is good, very lose to Marienplatz, and S and U bhan stations. Wood floors in the room with cool looking area carpets that make you feel at home. I really enjoyed working in this room. Free bottle of still water - and a well appointed Mini bar with extra Ritter chocolates. Free Wi-Fi (nice!) - but s-l-o-w and which your exchange email will get certificate errors when you use it (improperly configured proxy). My room had a ton of small problems. The sink and tub drain very slowly. The electricity won't stay on, you have to keep removing your card and reinserting it into the power slot. The air conditioning wont get the room below 21. The staff explained all of this as "that is how it is here...". Ok. But I like a colder room and working plumbing. The soap is in dispensers bolted to the wall and recessed about 12" into the tile. Hard to use. Breakfast is 19e, cheap by Germany standards, and pretty good. Service by the staff was excellent, even though they fixed none of the defects in the room, they were fast and friendly. Based on these problems I could not recommend this hotel, unless lots of little niggles do not bother you.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new part of the hotel. Has a separate entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank swixo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As we turned into Ledererstrasse, I was a bit concerned that there seemed to be a lot of table-dancing on offer in the area - I wondered if we hadn't picked a bit of a dud with this hotel. But never fear - the rest of the street was lovely, and you just had to ignore the bright pink van that regularly advertised the entertainment on offer down the road. The Cortiina itself was just amazing. The service was exceptional - the perfect combination of professional, but also light and friendly - and the room was spacious, with some funky minimalist furnishings that actually had me exclaiming as I entered the room! I couldn't believe that we had such a lovely room for such a reasonable price. I absolutely adored this hotel, and found it to be a great location for exploring Munich. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple