All reviews bar centrale great location cortina hotel annex building design hotel building next door nespresso machine the main hotel marienplatz station food market central location beer halls sitting area louis hotel main sights front desk staff small kitchenette
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Its a cool boutiquey place. They do a lot of things right, but they miss it on little stuff. The rooms are very good. Big, spacious and appointed properly. They have the traditional German bed, no blanket but a square pillow and a heavier duvet kind of cover. I love this design. The hotel overall is contemporary with a reasonably well thought out look. Location is good, very lose to Marienplatz, and S and U bhan stations. Wood floors in the room with cool looking area carpets that make you feel at home. I really enjoyed working in this room. Free bottle of still water - and a well appointed Mini bar with extra Ritter chocolates. Free Wi-Fi (nice!) - but s-l-o-w and which your exchange email will get certificate errors when you use it (improperly configured proxy). My room had a ton of small problems. The sink and tub drain very slowly. The electricity won't stay on, you have to keep removing your card and reinserting it into the power slot. The air conditioning wont get the room below 21. The staff explained all of this as "that is how it is here...". Ok. But I like a colder room and working plumbing. The soap is in dispensers bolted to the wall and recessed about 12" into the tile. Hard to use. Breakfast is 19e, cheap by Germany standards, and pretty good. Service by the staff was excellent, even though they fixed none of the defects in the room, they were fast and friendly. Based on these problems I could not recommend this hotel, unless lots of little niggles do not bother you.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new part of the hotel. Has a separate entrance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank swixo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As we turned into Ledererstrasse, I was a bit concerned that there seemed to be a lot of table-dancing on offer in the area - I wondered if we hadn't picked a bit of a dud with this hotel. But never fear - the rest of the street was lovely, and you just had to ignore the bright pink van that regularly advertised the entertainment on offer down the road. The Cortiina itself was just amazing. The service was exceptional - the perfect combination of professional, but also light and friendly - and the room was spacious, with some funky minimalist furnishings that actually had me exclaiming as I entered the room! I couldn't believe that we had such a lovely room for such a reasonable price. I absolutely adored this hotel, and found it to be a great location for exploring Munich. Do yourself a favour and stay here!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is just amazing! From the welcoming friendly staff to the "living room" style accomodations, from the very jammy and individual breakfast offer to the bar, which is run by highly professional bar keepers and is busy till late night....there is no single item I did not like! This is the kind of boutique hotel which has a level of perfection combined with true and sincere hospitality that is hard to find. And a outstanding atmosphere and design furniture. Highly recommended and one of the best hotels I stayed at lately (and I am travelling a lot...). Dear team of Cortiina, you are doing a fantastic job - great!!

Room Tip: Deluxe room with kitchenette...45sqm...so fantastic
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eva_Maria_10
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed here last night one night. Great staff excellent choice for hotel. Local staff gave excellent recommendations for sightseeing. Was here for work on my own, but was welcomed like an old friend. Stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I normally stay @ Hiltons, but I had an extended business stay and wanted to be closer to the center of things. I had some minor issues with my room...nothing major - just that the assigned room (while fine for a night or two) was smaller than what I'm use to - especially for an extended stay... anyway, I was accommodated, the situation was quickly resolved and the staff performed brilliantly. Plus you cant beat the great location. Close everthing to UBahn/SBahn, shopping etc. And the breakfast staff provided great service, too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business