“Grand hop on & off tour!”
Review of Gray Line Munich

and up
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Day Tour from Munich
Ranked #25 of 122 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Open top Hop On Hop Off bus tour in Munich and day tours to Neuschwanstein Castle, Rothenburg, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden and many sights in Bavaria by luxury bus. City Tour mit Hop-On Hop-Off Moglichkeit im Cbario Doppeldecker fur Ihre Stadtrundfahrt in Munchen. Tagesausfluge zum Schloss Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, nach Salzburg, Rothenburg und Berchtsgaden im Reisebus.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Heraklion, Greece
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 351 helpful votes
“Grand hop on & off tour!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were fortunate enough to have 3 very good guides with us! We stopped on various stops along the grand tour of the city and all were very informative, eager to explain things, and very friendly! We did the tour on the 1st of Jan. which meant we found no traffic, and got to enjoy the sights of the city with hardly any crowds around. I read quite a few negative reviews about other tour guides, so I suppose we were lucky, or the management decided to do something about them...!

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very very rude..... seems the constant in Munich tours”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I htook the Castle tour on 12/29/2013 departure 8:30 am in English, bus ending plate was 181. All I have to say is that I was expecting some minimal courtesy. There was an incident in which three passengers were late to the bus because the tour guide had changed the time of departure to 5 minutes earlier , and they got confused....so they were 5 minutes late. The guide treated these passengers very rudely, screaming at them like an army Sargent and once the trip started she repeated 5 times over the speaker " we will be late for our next destination because..." With a fake sweat voice, but with a deliberate passive aggressive way to shame these passangers, and she continued to do so in front of all the bus, until one of these passangers confronted her with her behavior. After that confrontation that was very ugly, she adopted a victim role. Also is to mention that on the stop of a little town in this tour route, she said that all shops were closed and stopped in front of a shop,of her selection. We discover later walking in town that there were several others open, with cheaper prices.
The chauffer of this bus was arrogant, rude and treated everyone like herds, horrible attitude !
Horrible way to represent the German people.
Everyone makes mistakes or there are misunderstandings, but treating passangers like that, is not acceptable. She ruined this day, people,travels from distant shores, ruining their day like that was very reprensible and ugly.

6 Thank Travelerxtheworld
Gray_Line_Munich, Guest Relations Manager at Gray Line Munich, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
We would like to offer our heartfelt apology for the unacceptable experience you had on your Royal Castles tour with us. Your guide´s behavior as you depicted was entirely inappropriate. Because we strive to offer the utmost in customer service at all times, our rules about courtesy towards the guests are strict and our guide evidently did not fulfill these requirements the day of your tour. We can assure you that this is certainly not how we wish our guests to be treated. Since we constantly strive to improve our service in order to offer all our guests a great tour experience every time, we would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you have a better experience with us the next time you are in Munich.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Horrendous!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've got the bus tour and the guide called Monika has a very bad pronunciation in English. When the bus has stopped, I kindly asked her which was the number for the English recorded guide. She said SHE was the guide (already offended). I kindly said that her accent was a bit strong, she got MAD, said HOW COME I was sauing that, she has study English for so many years in England! I said that I wasn't English, but my husband upstair was and couldn't understand her either. I asked again what was the number for the earphones in English, she said she didn't know. I said she should know, because she worked there, she said that she shouldn't. Then more passengers came down complaining they couldn't understand her either. She then searched for the English recorded guide but she couldn't find it. I than said thank you and went to my seat upstairs. When the bus started to move again, she started to speak again. As I wasn't looking at her, at some point she started to SCREAM at the microphone: DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME???? DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME????? And looking at me!!! I shouted back saying that I could understand her a bit more, because she was being a bit more careful when pronouncing in English. When the bus finished his trip, I went downstairs really angry and told her how she dared to scream at me! She said she was just making sure I could hear her. I said I wasn't DEAF and if she wanted to speak to me, she should come close to me and not to speak at the microphone. She obviously tried to humiliate me, as she felt personally humiliated by me (with no reason). I asked her full name and she gave me only her first name, saying that they're not hired to be slaves of customers. AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!! Avoid it at all times!!! The other lady (with white hair) has a good pronunciation and I understood everything she said when we got the bus again on the following day.

3 Thank Tatiana_Sinclair
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you had on our city tour, but we would like to clear up a big misunderstanding - our headphone system does not include English at all. English is only spoken by our live guides. The headset system is exclusively for our guests who need languages other than English or German (i.e. French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Italian etc.) This is the reason why your guide couldn´t let you listen to the audio system in English – it doesn´t exist!

We sincerely regret hearing that you had such a bad experience with this one guide. Of course, it goes without saying that we require all our guides to always be polite and courteous toward the guests at all times. Rudeness or having a bad attitude towards guests is not appropriate behaviour for any tour guide working for Gray Line and will not be tolerated by our company. Since we constantly strive to improve our customer service, we appreciate your input and hope to provide you with better service in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent experience!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

It was our first time to Munich/Germany in general so having a English tour guide and comfortable transportation was a must. We enjoyed the ride to the castles and the beautiful scenery along the way. The castles are beautiful and a must see while in Munich. Even though it's a 10 hour tour it is not enough, in the end I felt rushed getting back to the bus. Maybe I was just too in love with the palace and castle that I wouldn't mind spending the whole day there! Meagan our bus host was funny and friendly and informed us very good facts about the castles, alpine, and the city. It was nice having your day planned and if you only have one day to visit the castles and enjoy some walking this is your tour. If you have time and feel secure in your transportation route either by train or car spend a whole day especially for Neuschwastein castle because Hohenschwangau castle in close by where King Ludwig II was raised then he built the great famous Neuschwastein. Our tour did not cover the Hohenschwangau so if you have the time go for it!! I will have to return and spend a day there just to visit them both. Over all I don't regret booking this tour, it made all my castle dreams come true and I can't wait till next time!!

1 Thank Sandra D
Orlando, Florida
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and Oberammergau Excellent”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were in Munich to visit the Christmas Markets. Munich is one of my favorite cities to visit, but even after 30 visits, I never could fit in the castle tour. This trip, we booked the December 2 tour before leaving the USA. At first we thought the length of the tour may be too long, but the day was perfectly planned and most enjoyable. Our guide Ana did a superb job as our tour guide for the day. Her information was clear and repeated often enough that everyone was always on time. The commentary was excellent. I do want to add that I have worked in the travel industry for more than 37 years before retiring. My opinion of the tour is that it is one of the most professionally executed tours. I will say we opted for the walk up to the Neuschwanstein Castle, and the walk is up a hill that one needs to allow for about 35 to 40 minutes. I would not recommend the walk for anyone with walking and respiratory problems. However, there is a horse drawn carriage. In summer there is a bus, but due to the snow, the bus does not operate in winter. Some of the best photos were taken from the walk. This tour is highly recommended. Linderhof and Oberammergau were nice complements to this tour.

5 Thank gaa0805