“Good meat, bad fish” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Munich, Germany
“Good meat, bad fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Yesterday I was there. The atmosphere is nice and the service normal, which means nothing wrong but the waitress wasn't also that kind. My girlfriend took a pork plate, which was good. I instead chose the fish (which should be a specialty of the restaurant), seafood (Meeresfrüchte) in curry sauce. The sauce was not special, and the part of the fish spoiled. So I haven't eaten a part of a plate which was almost 20€, and so should have deserved more attention.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Dublin
“Nice Thai for casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

It is nicely decorated and had a real Thai feeling. The food is good, reasonably priced and service was very friendly. Was there wit 3 friends and all the dishes we had were very nice. Nice atmosphere too.

Visited October 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Thai, great service, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I'll just get it out of the way. They charge too much for drinks. Don't laugh. As in, I asked for water with my meal on a recent visit, just plain tap water, and was brought bottled sparkling for 4 Euro. A cola costs the same.

I've been here many times, and for dinner I'll often have a glass (or two!) or wine with my meal, so it's not being cheap. It was incredibly hot the day I asked for water and well, I just really wanted a glass of water. I was told tap water wasn't available on the menu. It just seems kind of gauche and chintzy on their part. I know it's a prime location and the restaurant is nice, but it seems out of proportion.

So aside from that...I keep coming back because the food really is very good. It's not cheap, but the quality is excellent and portions are usually generous. In that respect it really is an excellent value. The lunch menu is limited but has very good values for under 10 Euro, including a delicious green chicken curry with soup.

The Thod Man Pla (fish cakes) are very good. A large, generous portion, very little filler, well seasoned. Gai Sate appetizer is moist and delicious with a silky peanut sauce.

The Tom Yam Gung (Shrimp Soup) had several large shrimp and was very tasty. Good amount of spiciness for me.

The curries (massaman, panaeng especially) are very, very good. Good pad thai, not too much peanut.

The interior is beautifully decorated, looks new.

• Visited June 2012