2,268 results
All reviews public bus munich airport free shuttle one night runs every minutes an early flight next morning bus stop overnight stay separate toilet rental car minute ride s bahn station the hotel is clean checking in short stay convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I’ve visited the hotel on Apr 11th 2019.
At the hotel reception I got a sense of condescension by the receptionist when they refused to allow me additional one hour to leave the room and was told that a minute deviation would be charged at full price of the night. I explained that I’m an airline employee and my flight was leaving late. All my attempts were unsuccessful, so I asked to speak with the manager in duty and her answers and phrasing was insulting and shameful despite my attempts and special request, I did not get any service and management flexibility. I was very disappointed by the insulting attitude.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2019

It's a public bus and if you have an early morning flight, that means you have to schlep outside with your luggage, across a parking lot, and wait. Thank goodness it was only cold outside and not raining or snowing.

I tried to order an uber for a ride to the aiport but you can't even do that. Or I couldn't at least. If there is underground transport to the airport I certainly wasn't told about it.

Also, it's not easy to get to if you're coming from the Munich train station. It's about a 45 minute train ride and then, if you don't know to catch the bus it's a walk across a dark (at night) park and through a construction site to get to the hotel.

At the front desk I was greeted by a long and un-organized queue of people waiting to get checked in. All of this was an inconvenience, yes, but still I was able to get past it and get to my room.

I arrived after dark so, if there are restaurants within walking distance I didn't' seem. Actually, it appeared to me it was in office complex. So, I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant which was simply a buffet style selection of foods like fajita chicken & cous-cous. The service was slow and well, suffice to say I wasn't impressed.

Let me just say that I like the Novotel brand. And, as far as the room was concerned, it was a fine comfortable-quiet sleep which I felt the rate I paid for it was ok. But I would have not been happy to pay more than I did for the room.

There is simply no getting around that, as an airport hotel, it is too inconvenient. To the point where they need to address it. Given an overnight stay within proximity to the Munich airport, I might choose someplace else next time, and that's a shame because I like Novotel and normally trust the brand - not this time.

Room tip: If you take the train from the Munich station, there is a bus connection.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2019

Check in: I was infomed that my room was prepared for 4 people (!?), stress. Breakfast couldn't be charged on my room (no guarantee) eventhough I presented the card during the check in. I had to go upstairs to take my credit card to pay for the breakfast - stress. Telephone didn't work when I needed to connect with reception - stress. In fitness club there was water but no plastic cups. Check out - 1 receptionist, 1 guest in front of me and 16 minutes waiting time - big stress. No manger at the hotel to claim. And everything for 519 euro per night/person. A big joke. Never again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
NovotelMUCAirport, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Munich Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel.

It is a pity to read that receiving a 4 people room was uncomfortable for you, we understand your point of view.
If we would have known that we could change you the room, our employee are here to satisfy your wishes.
I had a check on your profile and it looks that you decided to pay directly fot the extras, without giving a deposit at the check-in. That is why it was needed the payment with the credit card for the breakfast.

We would like to apologize that the phone did not give you the connection with the reception; we will have a check about that. We will also try to understand why the check-out of the guest before you, needed such a long time, for that long waiting time we are sorry and we will work on that.

Emilio Conte
Duty Manager
Novotel München Airport

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Second time staying at this hotel and again a very positive experience! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, if there’s something wrong, they’ll definitely make it right: last time our room only provided sheets, pillows and towels for one person, I called the reception and in no time at all we were provided with more pillows, towels and sheets.
Breakfast is extraordinary for an airport hotel, I can only recommend to take enough time to enjoy!
There is no airport shuttle, which would be the only con about this place, however, there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel with a bus leaving for T1, T2 and MAC every 20 minutes (charges apply!).

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2019

You promised to send the Invoice but nothing has come through. I am waiting for you to email me an Invoice as you promised. The hotel was good and the service fine, near the airport and good value but I need an Invoice for my expense report.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com