“Nice dinner with colleagues”
Review of Brenner Grill

Brenner Grill
Ranked #89 of 3,850 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great business dinner, nice menu, good quality ingredients and friendly service. Nice desserts. Portions rather small.

Christina P, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Brenner Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank´s a lot for your positive assessment.
We are excited to see you soon again.
Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've been to Brenners 6 or 7 times so I've become a returning customer. I just love this place. Brenners is very inviting. The owners have put a lot of attention to detail: white table cloths, perfect lighting with nice chandaliers, open grills, wood elements...While it is a huge place (one big hall) it is not too loud and its acoustics allow you to carry on a convesation.
Last time I ordered the grilled salmon with the grilled veggie salad. 2 excellent choices. But everything I've tried on the menu (tuna tartare, octopus salad, steaks..) had been well prepared and tasty (and I'm a very picky eater too ;o).
We've been always satisfied with the service (with the exeption of one time when service was a bit slow with a few minor slip ups).

Great ambiance, excellent food and great wines at reasonable prices. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Mary_Muc

thank you very much for your message.
We are happy that you had such a great time with us and enjoyed even everything.
We hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I know this restaurant since approx 5 years and I have visited the venue last time in 2009.

In December I thought it's worth another try and went with a girl friend - unfortunately it's not worth to go there any more.

You'll sit with approx 10 strangers within I would say 10sqm - it's by far too crowded, and table are too close so be prepared that people next on the following table will hear your complete conversation.... also the restaurant is by far too noisy so don't plan to have a nice evening with your girl (that's the outcome is you put as many table as possible in a venue just to generate as much Euros as possible).

Service is ok, but we had to wait for 5 minutes for our reserved table, which is personally a no-go for me. If you like personal service, forget it.

Food itself was ok, but given the bill for 2 ending up 180 EUR slightly overpriced.

People came with trainers, jumpers as well as Adidas training wear even for the dinner service so don't be dressed up - it was a stylish place 5 years ago, but that has obviously changed. Kids will run around playground-like generating additional noise.

In general, I may would recommend this restaurant for an evening with a group of man or for a decent / more expensive stag party - but I won't come back with my girl friend. Like so many other locations this venue concentrates on generating the max revenue and lives from it's former reputation - disappointing, especially in this price range.

1  Thank Daniel1601
Christina P, Leiter Front Office at Brenner Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your rating.
We agree with you that we are not a very intimate restaurant.
Our energetic atmosphere is very attractive for most of the different people we serve and we are popular for it.
Our prices are calculated in a regular way and because of our high quality the prices maybe seemed high level to you.
Referring to your critical input about the less space between the tables there´s an international regular guest who said:" I do not worry about the less space, you sit even closer in Paris...!" ;-)
Best regards

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were invited by a local Munich couple to enjoy a meal at Brenner's. It was a great evening and experience. The restaurant is busy and rather large. There are two open grills, one in the bar area and one in the restaurant. This is not a quiet, intimate place but there is lots of energy and orientation toward food preparation and quality ingredients. I frequently like to eat where I can see the food being prepared and this is that kind of place.

I wanted to eat light that evening so I ordered grilled salmon and a grilled veggie salad. it was absolutely excellent. The grilled salad was unique, lots of good root vegetables, and very enjoyable to eat. One of our party ordered grilled calamari which was very different from any other place I have been (and calamari is something I have eaten all over the world and U.S.). This was large squid/calamari prepared and grilled perfectly. Others order a special vegetarian pasta and steak. Again, perfectly prepared and wonderfully presented.

I highly recommend reservations. We went on a Monday night and it was crazy busy. If you like good food, and enjoy seeing it prepared, and delivered by knowledgeable servers, you should enjoy Brenner Grill.

Thank you very much for your nice words.
Obviously you are kind of a globetrotter and you have seen many restaurants.
What a big compliment in consideration of your experiences.
We are looking forward seeing you next time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a so called 10 course menu and didn't enjoy at all. Plates were cold and taseless, under or overcooked, noisy, bad service, not personable. Really a pity for so much money spent. Never again.