“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Tramin is fantastic and a lovely place to spend an evening. The "no menu" concept is really fun since you can't make a judgement on whether or not you'll like the dish. The plates were perfect size and out of the5 courses I loved 4. The staff is very attentive and spoke perfect English. It is clear the menu is planned based upon what is available so everything is incredibly fresh. The small size of the restaurant makes for a wonderful atmosphere and we sat at our table for 5 hours by choice. Definitely one of the best restaurants I've been to in Munich and will come back. I could eat the chocolate and pear pudding every day.......

1  Thank livinginlondon1344

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Tramin is a little off the beaten track in a nice area of Munich with good pubs in the vicinity.

The restaurant was lovely, decorated in a contemporary style, with a laid back atmosphere.

There are no menus and the food served as a 'surprise'. The food was very good, although not the best I've eaten. I've certainly had better, certainly at the price Tramin charge.

They were very accommodating of a member of our group who did not eat fish and made three dishes especially for her. We spoke little German, but this was no problem.

The head chef did the rounds at the end of the meal and introduced himself to each table. I always think this is a nice touch and should be done more often.

So lovely restaurant, with excellent service and good food, but you can probably get better value for money.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Very close to Munich Rosenheimer Station on a quiet street. Had reservations at 7:00pm and were the first customers there, this is a smaller place and was packed by 8 so would recommend reservations.
Our waiter was great explaining all the ingredients and when he had problems translating he would go search on the internet to let us know what it was in English. This chef is creative and used great combination of seasonal fruits, veg and meats. The only small complaint I have is that I love Chinese 5 spice or anise but, he used it on the first 3 dishes that were prepared. Again love the spice but it does have a presence on a dish and while the individual dishes were great I felt he could have omitted it on a few dishes.
This is not a formal restaurant, a nice shirt and a pair of jeans would work. Prices are reasonable and they have a good wine selection. You choose how many dishes you want served and other than allergies have no choice of what is served. We really liked the food here. Definitely will be back on my next trip to Munich.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My boyfriend made me the surprise and invited me to Tramin for my birthday. We had a really nice evening there BUT the temperature in the restaurant was TOO COLD. It´s really a pity because this has ruined my evening that I have spent freezing while I should have enjoyed the moment !
Anyway the food was delicious even if not too generous... We have taken the 5 dishes Menu with drinks (one cocktail and a different glass of wine for each plate).
The waiter was really funny and make you feel ultra confortable ;) Same for the Chef that passes into the dining room to have a small talk with each table and ensure everything was ok.
I do not think I will go back to the restaurant that´s why I only put 3 on 5 but I think it´s worth to go at least one time for a special occasion (pricy +++).
One more thing, we had to come at 19h and not later which I think it´s a bit abusing...

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was blown away by the creativity of the chef. The menu is "blind" menu. You choose the number of courses and the chef chooses the courses. My husband and I both selected the 5 course menu with a German Pinot noir. From beginning to end, we were pleasantly suprised. The menu has wild boar (tender and flavorful) and a varity of fish/shellfish and vegetables -- they will adjust to accommodate any allergies. Please make reservations and allow 2 1/2 to 3 hours for dinner at this delightful restaurant. We especially enjoyed our English speaking waiter.. He was perfect!! Oh, and I must comment on the beautiful and unique washbasins in the bathroom. They appear to be cut from a huge piece of stone -- agate??

My husband and I both agree that we will return to Tramin the next time we visit Munich. P.S. if you stay at the Hilton City - it is very close - a quick 3-4 block walk. :)

1  Thank Melissa_H687