“Incredible”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spent a couple of days in Munich in October and found Tramin online looking for a Michelin starred restaurant with something a bit different. This place is fantastic and I cannot praise it enough - we had one the best meals I've ever had. The tasting menu was incredible: imaginative, delicious and brilliantly executed. It was miles better than many one and two-star Michelin restaurants I've been to in London. The ambiance was great (stylish and intimate, but totally unpretentious), the wine list was excellent and the staff were friendly and happy to make recommendations. If you get the chance to go, definitely go!

3  Thank Bright27

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Tramin was recommended by the executive chef on our Viking Cruise which led us to make a reservation during our Munich vacation in Sept 2012. This is a terrific restaurant in a quiet area. The staff was top notch but not stuffy at all. We took the 5 course offering with wine pairing. This is one of the top eating experiences we have tried.

2  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Recently went to Tramin to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. This restaurant is about a 15 minute walk from Hotel Torbrau. This is not a traditional German restaurant and is known for its unique food. It has a MIchelin Star.

Very small restaurant with a different style of choosing your foods. You will tell the waitress what you like and what you do not like, and they will prepare a meal for you. Your choice is how many courses you want, two of us chose 5 courses and three of chose 6 courses. I am lactose intolerant and this was taken into consideration with my meal. So what you are going to get is a complete surprise!

While the portions are small, the food was perfectly presented and beautiful to look at. Due to the richness of the food and the intense flavors, no one left hungry! We did not all get the same selections, but the tastes were superb. If you are into molecular cooking--food that is reduced to flavors and small, but intense balls, these are mixed into some of the offerings, both a frozen offerings and small gelatin balls. My favorite dish was a shortrib dish with a wine reduction, presentation was perfect and taste was even better.

Wines were very well matched to the meal and the wait staff was excellent. They also gave each of us another dessert with a celebratory message drizzled on to it for our anniversary.

Price to food quality was very good, I was very satisfied with the meal and the evening, would definitely consider coming back and recommending it to my friends and relatives. If you want a unique and memorable meal, Tramin Restaurant is a great choice.

1  Thank onoman
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This restaurant has a star and it's well earned, we were there twice ( new years evening, when they had just received the star and two months later) - both times a great experience!

The staff is friendly and jolly, we liked it a lot! We were taken there by frequenters (thanks Tilo and Eiby) and felt us at once like "part of the family".

Food was awesome craftsmanship and very well presented - this one of the best restaurants in Munich, no doubt. Everything feels like a walk in the park, but the kitchen staff does a lot for this feeling, best ingredients, highest quality, perfection...

The wine list passed on big names, IMHO, but that way we had more to explore :)

We will for sure come back, good quality for a reasonable price.

1  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Tramin's Michelin star is fairly new, but based on the dinner i had last night it is absolutely well deserved. Every course was gorgeous, truly lovely. In fact, both the cooking and the service was outstanding. I honestly do not have a single negative thing to say about it. Yes, places like this are pricey... But when they are as good as this, they are worth every single penny.
I eat out quite a bit, including 13 Michelin stars across 6 countries and Tramin is right up there as my favourite of the lot. Thank you Tramin.

3  Thank calico_demon