“Authentic, friendly atmosphere”
Review of Ludwig's Wirtshaus

Ludwig's Wirtshaus
Ranked #1,504 of 3,878 Restaurants in Munich
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped by for a drink the first night we stayed at the adjacent hotel Golden Leaf Perlach and enjoyed the selection of both beer and wine as well as the friendly atmosphere.

The second night we decided to go for dinner, and once again left very satisfied. Our food was much better than the one we tasted in more touristy parts of Munich and the portions more than generous.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were staying in the hotel next door & decided to give Ludwigs a go after some great reviews on this site. We were very pleased.

The staff are great; I attempted to order in German & it was clear that I was a beginner...they appreciated the effort & helped me along each time we popped in!

The beer is great & so is the food! Excellent place :-)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went in here a couple of times during my stay at Golden Leaf Hotel (same building), and it was a pleasant, friendly experience.

Reasonable prices for both food and drink, and chatty staff.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went there twice as it is connected to the hotel I was staying at. I had the same waitress both nights and the service was great, very friendly and attentive without being pushy. I had their daily soup and Jägerschnitzel on the first night and both were wonderful. I couldn't believe how huge the portion was. It could feed two people. The second time I went I had a mixed seafood grill that was much less impressive. Some of it was so salty it was inedible, but because the portions were so big, I could eat around those and still be satisfied, but obviously that's not a stellar review. Had I only eaten there that first night, my rating would easily be a 5. I'm giving it a 4 taking the cost into consideration. For the amount of food you get, it's a great value. An appetizer, main, and a glass of beer came up to be around 15 euros.

The restaurant seems to be frequented by locals as well as hotel guests, which speaks well of it.

1  Thank Jwpark
Reviewed May 28, 2012

In the sea of touristy places, this ones stands out as being authentic and historic. Would not go out of my way for it, but definitely above the surrounding average.