Open today: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM

from $21.50
from $60.63
from $60.63
6,668 results
All reviews day trip neuschwanstein castle dachau tour food tour walking tour train ride third reich great tour concentration camp memorial site bavarian beer small group his knowledge king ludwig subject matter the main train station highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The transportation was quite simple as we took one train to Fussen and a bus to the town below the castle, and then the same back bus back to Fussen and two trains back to Munich. I forget the name of our tour guide, but I believe it started with an "H". He was incredibly informative. As we walked up the hill to the castle we would take breaks and he would tell us the story of not only the castle but also of King Ludwig II, along with some history/geography and the surrounding areas.
Unfortunately, the bridge was closed due to ice/snow, but we went inside the castle and had some time to walk around which was really nice. The tour guide inside of the castle very quick as they had to be on an exact schedule, but seeing the rooms in their original state on the first and third floor were gorgeous. Unfortunately, the second floor was never finished, but it has become gift shops, a cafeteria, and toilets, which is touristy but a good use of space.
I took the horse carriage down which was quite lovely (and only 3.50 for the way down instead of 7.00 for the way up). The driver was nice and I got to pet the horses and sit up in the front which was great for photos and views of nature and the different castles.

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Our guide Matt was both immensely informative and appropriately reverential while conducting our sobering tour through one of Nazi Germany’s most infamous concentration camps. I would highly recommend this tour as an enlightening day trip for a visitor to the lovely city of Munich. A quick, well organized excursion from the central train station...

2  Thank N9311XItimothyk
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Another excellent trip through Radius . Martina was an excellent and passionate guide who certainly knew her subject matter . She didn’t hold back and was very truthful about the horrors of the Nazi regime and the German people at that time . She had some first hand accounts from people who had been in Dachau which certainly bought the horrors of the place to life . I could have spoken with her for hours o liked her frankness and honesty . Great trip again and one that was also very emotional . I’ve visited other camps but this one I found the most moving probably as it was the prototype of them all . Great trip and would highly recommend

2  Thank gillg356
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Our day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle was incredible and beautiful, far more beautiful in person than one can imagine. Our tour guide, Dan the bearded man, made the tour. Dan was so engaging with his facts that he wove into stories and his infamous phrase of, "so the thing is". We did not feel rushed at all, and Dan was talkative on the train ride up, the walking portion and the ride back down, especially since we had way more questions on the way home having seen this spectacular castle and looked for all the nuances Dan had mentioned on the way up.

1  Thank Sheri2756
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

I did an extended tour of Dachau concentration camp on my last visit and heard about this one. It’s hard to cover such an in depth topic in 3 hours but Aileen did a really nice job. She knew her history and was very professional. Anyone who is interested in WW2 history would enjoy this tour.

1  Thank richardo522