“Beer and Food + Salzburg”
Review of Radius Tours

Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from Munich
Ranked #4 of 127 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Munich. Bavaria. Salzburg. Nuremberg. Beer. History. Castles. The Alps. All in great tours in English, Spanish and German - all that, and a huge bike rental.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

As a bit of a control freak, the thought of doing a tour group for anything is a little bit discomforting. Luckily for me, I signed up for tours with Roland (Beer & Food) and Maxine (Salzburg) and I thoroughly enjoyed both.

Roland clearly loves beer and Maxine clearly loves Salzburg. That alone makes it much easier to enjoy a tour. There's just something about being around people who like what they're doing. I learned more than I expected about beer and, as a result, was able to find just the right souvenirs for my brother (a beer lover). It also didn't hurt that Roland was a funny guy.

The Salzburg tour was enjoyable, but we experienced some transportation-related delays that put us a bit behind schedule. Add to that a leisurely lunch at St. Peter Stiftskeller restaurant and I only had about an hour for sight-seeing on my own. Maxine kindly gave us the option to take a later train because of the earlier delays, but I decided I didn't want to get back to Munich any later so I returned at the regularly scheduled time. She prepared maps for all of us to show us where we'd be meeting at the end of the day, which I thought was a nice and helpful touch.

All in all, I'd say both of my tour experiences were great and I would definitely consider doing more tours on my future travels.

2  Thank Jodi H
There are newer reviews for Radius Tours

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excellent guide. Keith was informative and very knowledgable about WWII. The tour was very well organised and kept our attention the whole time. The tour was amazing and shocking at the same time. The best part of our trip but also the sadest. A must see. Ask for the tour Guide Keith.

2  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I (here on our honeymoon, 39 and 40 years old if that helps) took this tour today. The weather was fittingly cold, cloudy and rainy, but the tour was more than expected all the same. We had taken another Radius tour yesterday (to Castle Neuschwanstein, with tour guide Kevin, who did a fantastic job), so we decided to go on this one as well.

Our tour guide, Keith W., could not have been a more perfect guide. He was extremely knowledgable, very friendly and had the perfect demeanor for a tour of such grave material. We learned tons, were moved deeply and are both very glad that we took the tour and that we had Keith as our guide. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

We left and got back right on time, and I have no suggestions for improvement.

-Lambert and Mary

Reviewed December 26, 2012

"Mein Dearests". That is how Tina addressed us as she launched into one of her rich stories on our trip to Liderhof and Neuschwanstein. Of course the castles were fabulous, up and above our expectations. But so much of that was Tina's delivery. We loved her and would have loved to have brought her home with us.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

These were both great, memorable tours! The castle is beautiful and is set in the quaint town of Fussen! It was a very moving tour of The concentration camp in Dachau. Keith W. Was our guide for both tours, he was awesome, very knowledgeable, it was a pleasure to meet and learn from him. He also went out of his way to help us with information on open restaurants on Christmas, etc. Will come back and take more Radius tours