“Loved Eurostars Grand Central”

Eurostars Grand Central
Ranked #44 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Eurostars. It's easy to get to from the grand central station but much closer to Hackerbruke station, so get off there if you can. It was an easy 25 minute walk to Marienplatz. The rooms are very comfortable and quiet with tv, hair dryers etc. There is a pool, spa, sauna and gym which were great too. We didn't go to the restaurant but the menu looked good, though a bit more $$ than the restaurants in Marienplatz. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would recommend this hotel for families staying in Munich.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The rooms are very new and comfortable. 15 minutes from the city center. a 6-minute walk from the main railway station. breakfast was excellent. the staff are polite and relevant. I would definitely recommend. like it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were here for one night on a business trip. This place is quite new and the rooms are still fairly "crisp". From check-in to check-out I have nothing to complain about. This is a good business hotel and was perfectly situated for us in terms of where we had our meetings. Super easy to get to as the S-Bahn station is right around the corner and conveniently, the two lines going to the airport both stop here. Saves you a ton of time and money. Breakfast is also really good with a great selection so book with breakfast included if you can. Finally, there is free wireless but it's a bit buggy when using iOS devices. Keep this in mind if you don't have a roaming plan or flat data on your iPhone. PC and Android users should be fine. This would of cost them a point if I had needed it but I hardly had any time to work while in the hotel. Nice, large bathrooms too which is always a plus and plenty of closet space. The windows are nicely sealed as well so even if your room is facing the street, you hear none of it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I were married in June of 2011 and stayed at this hotel as part of our honeymoon. It was very good value for our money, especially since we are from America. The bed was so big too. My husband and I could sprawl out with hands wide without touching, it was amazing. The pool was also very enjoyable as well. A bit of a walk from the city center but overall we had a great experience at Eurostars Grand Central!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindsniewski
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for two nights this autumn, and was impressed by the standard of the rooms and the general value for money. Surprisingly quiet, despite the Tram and S-Bahn so nearby. The breakfast was good - although the coffe-machine-coffee was pretty lousy, and at weekends the live music is too loud (all breakfast guests end up sitting at the opposite end of the breakfast room). My only complaint is that the service in the reception varies from decent/good to terrible - people who aren't able to force a smile or behave politely should seek other employment than working as reception staff.

Other than that: great hotel. Would really recommend staying here during Oktoberfest, as it is within short walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liv84
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is a very delayed review since we stayed in this hotel February 2012, but since we are planning our next trip to Munich also for February 2013, we decided that we should definitely stay here again. The location is very good as it is very near the Central Railway station and 10-15 minutes walk from the shopping area.
Room size is very good, amenities also good and free wifi.
Kind and helpful staff.
Definitely a hotel to go back to.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just spent three nights at this hotel. Location is good being so close to Central station and only 40min to the airport via S Bahn. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard generally of the hotel and the staff. My issues -
1. I had three rooms booked for myself and 2 staff, all of our rooms were front of hotel and were noisy as a result of the tram which is directly outside the hotel. This is especially noticeable in the early morning - so I did not get a good night’s sleep and unless I could have a room on the rear of the hotel would give me enough reason not to return!
2. Room was cold and the bed linen was thin so I found myself cold in bed.
3. Room was a smokers room and did smell which is not pleasant when first entering the room.

Evening meals are OK but not great for a vegetarian but I am used to this in Germany, breakfast again OK - not bad but not special.

Room Tip: Rear of property for a quite room!