“Nice surprise”

Ranked #534 of 3,878 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience a typical Bavarian ambiance with easy-going atmosphere and regional dishes. Feast on good, wholesome Bavarian specialties and get to know and love Bavaria at its most delicious.
Reviewed May 11, 2012

After a long flight the idea of driving out for dinner is daunting. No need with this excellent in house restaurant. Very nice German experience, great beer, good German food and fantastic service. Highly recommended. We had a large group and the staff were great!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have gone there at least three times. It is obviously not a true Munich biergarten in the sense of a place where locals would go, simply because it is on the lower level of a major hotel outside of the city center. But very good service, decent Bayerische food, and VERY pleasant outdoors when the weather is nice. And of course, the excellent Paulaner beer !

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed in the hotel and it was the first night and decided to stay close to home. It was a great surprise the food was great got a sampler of all different meats and everything tasted great. Also, had all different types of beers. the service was good and very traditional. Would definitely go back. Not extremely pricey either

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was here on a busy Saturday evening but my group of 3 was shown to a table almost immediately. I'm not a big meat-eater but since it was my first time in Munich, I felt I should try the local Bavarian food at least once. We shared mains of German sausages, roasted pork knuckles and steak which we thoroughly enjoyed.

I also liked the ambience of the restaurant - it was cosy and yet, not too dim that you can't see what you're eating? We didn't have to shout at each other to be heard nor have to accidentally eavesdrop on strangers' conversations as the tables were spaced out well. Not that I would have understood German anyway!

Only bugbear was this rather snotty waiter who wasn't too nice when he took our orders. No smiles and no courtesy. Maybe its the German way? We were also not served any bread.

We had 3 mains, a soup, 3 glasses of wines, 5 beers and 2 iceteas which came up to a very reasonable €100. Great value for money!

Will definitely come back again if I'm ever in Munich!

Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is where I first had my first schweinsaxe and would always come back whenever I'm in town. I can get cheaper and bigger servings outside but I found them dry and too big for one person to consume. Here, they serve 1/2 schweinshaxe with a brown sauce and potato dumplings together with a salad buffet when you come at lunch/dinner time. Their goulash soup is good too and sometimes it's a full meal for me.

Service is usually quick and friendly and some of the regular staff already recognize me whenever I come.