“Fantastic atmosphere, fantastic food and fantastic staff.”
Review of Rusticana

Rusticana
Ranked #108 of 3,836 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Once again we visited the Rusticana whilst on a business trip. It is a trip I particularly look forward to because of our visit to the Rusticana. The ribs are superb and eating there is a fantastic experience. Special thanks to Tatja for 'putting up' with us!!

1  Thank smith1dv

Reviewed January 22, 2013

It was very hard to get a table, but the ribs were worth the effort. I had the best ribs of my life there. Although we had to sit by the bar, right next to the grill (and we ended up smelling like our dinner), the food made it all worth the while. Location wise, it is not exactly in the tourist hub, but it is not difficult to get there and trust me, it is well worth the effort. The ribs are even better than the best I've had in the US.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have tried to book a table here a few time with no joy, but last night we decided to drop by on the way home and see if we could grab a table- after all its Wednesday night it was cold and the snow was high so it wouldn't be that busy would it? How wrong we were it was packed!!! We were very lucky though as with a little shuffling from other customers we were able to squeeze in at the bar.

We decided to order the ribs and a jacket potato each and WOW ……… The ribs were wonderful, straight from the grill behind the bar, they were hot and really tasty, the meat almost falling off the bone – and the potato with sour cream was good too although I only managed half of it before I was full. We even had some ribs left over which they kindly wrapped for us to take home. So tonight we can enjoy them all over again.

This place is never going to be somewhere you can enjoy and nice, quiet, romantic meal (it's a small restaurant and so just far too busy for that) but I do know that this place is definitely going to be one of our favourite haunts and if we can't get a table at least we know we can order and collect a take-out :)

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant by wandering left out the door from the Marriott Residence Inn. Was pleasantly surprised to get a couple of seats at a communal table because the place was packed. Ordered the ribs and a salad. I think these were the best ribs I have ever eaten. What a surprise. Weissbier was good too.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

German food was not famous for bbq ribs but this famous rib/steak house in Munich does a pretty decent job of making the ribs well just like in Texas. Well, almost. But they do have much better beer here for sure. Overall, good place for dinner but I took one star off because the staff would only open the door to let people (including us) inside at precisely 5pm sharp at opening time, not one second early, even though they see everyone lining up shivering in the freezing December night. German precision I suppose but should have more common/customer service sense.

2  Thank toga1k