“Food Poisoning & Expensive!!!!”

Gaststatte Nurnberger Bratwurst Glockl am Dom
Ranked #203 of 3,974 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were excited to try a place known for their sausages and beer. So my boyfriend and I ordered sausages and sauerkraut along with kaiserschmarrn for dessert (one of my favorites). We ordered one portion of each so that we could share with each other.

Well the sausages tasted fine at dinner, not the best but fine. When we got the kaiserschmarrn we'd been given a huge two-person portion when we'd only asked for one. We couldn't finish it, and of course we were charged a fortune for a double serving.. I believe €18!! Ridiculous. Along with the sausages and a beer. The total was about €40. Way more than we'd intended to spend.

Then... worst of all!! We were sick ALLLL the next day with food poisoning. Never will we go to this restaurant again and will be telling everyone we know about our experience. Really we should have gotten our money back. We had to stay in for New Years because we were so sick.

2  Thank Sabrina W

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The place is famous for its sausages and they are really good.
Beer and Bavarian atmosphere are always entertaining.
A good place to go.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

A traditional "sausages and beer" restaurant panelled in dark wood and looking very authentic (I advise to sit upstairs if possible). Great food is served quickly and and the staff are very friendly. There's no pressure to vacate your table after you've eaten, so feel free to order another beer and pass the time. Not such a touristy place as others I visited, which I prefer as the place felt properly German. So good, I went back 2 days later!

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Nurnberger sausages are, of course, excellent, but try the noodle soup with ox meat- huge bowl at a great price. Good service even when they are busy. Eat outside if the weather permits.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Good quality, authentic and tasty food. And plenty of it!! Highly recommend the pork belly. Restaurant is hidden away by the church, but got quite busy - recommend booking to ensure getting a table at the weekend.