“A good deal for the budget traveller”
Review of Litty's Hotel

Litty's Hotel
Ranked #234 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A good deal for the budget traveller”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location, not far from the Hauptbahnhof, was very convenient. I found all the staff I met to be polite and helpful. The breakfast was very good in quality and quantity. My single room was clean and comfortable, athough surprisingly narrow. Overall I found it very good value for money and would use it again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Robert T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed here in September the weekend before Oktoberfest, and many of Munich's hotels had ramped their prices up. Litty's looked the best option for us at only 99 Euros for one night for a three person room.

The location was good, only about 5 minute walk from the main station and underground. The hotel itself was clean and provided a great breakfast in the morning.

We stayed on a fairly warm september day and our room faced the main room so we were unable to open the window without being woken by all the noise outside, although the windows we well double glazed and there was very little noise once closed.

Shared bathroom worked great and we never were put out of our way by this. Would highly recommend this hotel if price is a factor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank leigh1357
New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This little hotel was perfect for me. I was there for 16 days so I think I was there long enough to see the good, the bad and the ugly if it were there to see. The great thing is, I never saw any bad or ugly! It was all good. I am a female who frequently travels solo and likes to be near public transportation. It's in a multi-cultural section near the main train station but unbelievably safe. Every single staff member was always polite and up beat. I was happy with the breakfast selection of meats, cheeses, breads, jams/jellies, juice, yogurt etc. It was plenty to start my day and hold me for hours. The coffee is excellent and the service is great! I was on a lower floor so I was one of the few able to get internet in my room, however, the public area downstairs is always inviting and comfortable if you need to bring your laptop down to get on the internet. It is in the city center so there will be some noise. That should be expected by anyone choosing to stay in the middle of a busy city. I just brought some ear plugs and that worked out great for me. Overall I was happy with my stay and hope to go back again..

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper and request a room in the back if possible. There is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank FrekwentFlyer
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at Litty's hotel as a group of three for a weekend in September. The Hotel is very conveniently located between the mail railway station and the underground stations. Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was excellent too. Overall excellent value for money
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tidykiwi83
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I spent one night here in August 2012 - I needed somewhere clean and cheap to stay within a few minutes' walk of the station, in between two trains. This hotel fitted the bill perfectly.

I had a single room on the first floor, at the back of the hotel overlooking a quiet courtyard. There was no noise at all from the street. Though small, the room was perfectly adequate; recently decorated, spotlessly clean with a good quality bed. The shared shower facilities were also spotless, with towels and shower gel provided. The breakfast included in the price was remarkably good for a low-end hotel. The staff were friendly.

On the downside, there was some noise from the neighbouring bedroom - the walls between the rooms must be very thin. The area is not the best either, with more than its fair share of sex shops and fast-food restaurants - not that it felt in any way unsafe. The station is only five minutes' walk away.

All in all, at less than 50 euros including breakfast, this is an excellent deal for anyone who is looking for a cheap, clean place to stay near the station.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel, as the street is lively at night.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank neuch
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ideal location to visit this wonderful city ,from the third reich tour to the visit to Dachau ,can recommend the city to anyone for a break .
The hotel was clean ,room was small with a shared bathroom (again very clean) .
The continental breakfast was ok ,drink as much coffee as u could manage.

Room Tip: Get a high floor ,will be less road noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Guy M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here with my mom and brother splitting a triple room. We were very pleased with the facilities. The rooms were clean and spacious even when sharing with two others (ample closet, desk, and table space for even 3 to let their bags explode). The TV has antenna reception, which came and went with the thunderstorms. The internet also does not reach the rooms, but you can go to the lobby, this wasn't a problem. The rooms have a sink and there are two bathrooms on each floor, one with a toilet and sink and the other with the shower. This was for about 6-8 rooms per floor. We were able to use the shower whenever we needed, but I imagine this would be more inconvenient if the floor were full. The reception was very helpful, cheery, and easy to approach.

Contrary to another review, breakfast is not included in the price and you have the option of not eating it (just under 5 euro, a decent value for traditional German breakfast, the cafe can just get a bit busy after 830, several groups were waiting to be seated). Also somewhat contrary to things I heard, the neighborhood is not seedy and I never felt unsafe, even late at night. The neighborhood is adjacent to the train station and is lively. There is a high concentration of Turkish immigrants, which I loved because the food and hooka shops reminded me of my trip to Istanbul. It was an exciting neighborhood to visit.

The biggest problem was street noise. The reviewers saying they didn't hear it either (a) had a room on the courtyard side, or (b) live in a noisy place to begin with. When we stayed, we were on the fifth floor, and the street was very noisy, and woke my mom and brother up at least every hour (i live on a busy street so I didn't mind as much but was still woken up several times a night). I suggest confirming a courtyard room or visiting when it isn't as hot so you can close the windows. This being the case, this hotel is the best value in Munich, a very expensive city for hotels, and I will stay here again when visiting next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on courtyard side are quieter, 1st or 2nd floor may also get internet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family