“Favorite beer hall in Munich!”
Review of Ayinger am Platzl

Ranked #165 of 3,687 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: With its Bavarian cuisine the Wirtshaus Ayinger am Platzl embodies lively inn tradition at a historic site. From original Munich 'Weisswurst' and roasts to fresh fish from nearby lakes - we serve fresh and creative dishes in the heart of Bavaria's capital. Of course no meal is complete without the exquisite beers from the family-owned brewery in Aying. Six draft beers are available daily. The furnishings are rustic and cosy, and 140 seats provide lots of authentic "Wirtshaus" character. Eighty additional spaces are available on the patio in the summer. Yes, this is traditional ambience - but that does not mean doing without modern conveniences: Free wireless LAN means that business or private matters can be attended to directly.
Reviewed July 18, 2016

I've been to Munich twice...and tried several of the beer houses during our stay...Hofbrahaus included. I love the atmosphere of Wirsthaus Ayinger. It's a little more quiet than some of the other beer halls. We've been to Wirsthaus Ayinger twice and ordered a variety of items off the menu and really enjoyed everything. Both times we've walked in without reservations and were able to get a seat....but both were during off-peak times.

Date of visit: June 2016
Heiko_Buchta, Direktor at Ayinger am Platzl, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Dear Kim M,

Thank you very much for your nice words!

We love to read that you enjoyed your stay at Restaurant Ayingers to the fullest.
Thank you so much for your compliments concerning the atmosphere of the Restaurant and our menu card.
Of course we will forward your positive feedback to our staff.

We would appreciate to welcome you at the Restaurant Ayingers again soon.
Best regards from the heart of Munich!

Write a reviewReviews (1,480)

Reviewed July 15, 2016

I sat my wife and child, I noticed two dinner plates returned, and I ordered the same type and returned .. Why continue to offer the same service and disappointing .. most annoying is the disappointing service I have ever met .. serve your self, that's what I was told To get Baby Seat .. An ideal place for a beer and not more .

Reviewed July 15, 2016

Yes, the Hofbrauhaus is famous and huge. But is also always very crowded and loud, and you don't get much for your money. Just across the street is the Wirsthaus Ayingers that has great beer, great food, and a really nice outdoor seating area that is great to people watch from. I really enjoyed sampling the various craft beers that they had on tap, and the food was good too. My son had the spaetzl with a cheese sauce that was really good, and I had a really nice mixed green salad and cordon bleu. My wife enjoyed her wiener schnitzel and they had good selections of local white wines by the glass. All of it was reasonably priced as well, which was a real bonus. The waitstaff was very friendly and provided efficient and swift service. Our best meal in Munich!

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We were hoping to enjoy dinner at Hofbrauhaus but after a long day of touring it was super crowded and loud. We wandered about the square and found this place. The beer was great service great and it was a quiet place to visit and enjoy authentic Bavarian food.

Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely delicious beer and tasty food. The roasted pork is stunning! Can't believe that this place is right in the center and yet not spoiled by all the tourist money making restaurants. Love this restaurant for its authenticity, good service and great beer!