“Terrific Bavarian experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zum Durnbraeu

Zum Durnbraeu
Ranked #31 of 3,651 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, CO
“Terrific Bavarian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is the second time we've visited Zum Durnbrau in Munich, and we had a great experience and meal both times. Great ambiance, great service and great food. My personal favorite in Germany for apple struedel.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect dinner in the center of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I'm an experienced traveler and I know that you most unlikely to find a good restaurant with tasty food in the heart of tourism (read, center of teh city) but this restaurant is an exception. Everything was great: the service, cousine, drinks, price and interier. Taka a duck and you will come back for another next day:) Thank you for the positive experience and rushing the stereotypes:)

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank SizovM
London, United Kingdom
“Christmas Eve in Munich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Having made a list of restaurants to try in Munich, we asked the opinion of the concierge about another one recommended in Trip Advisor. He said that it was fine, but that perhaps we would like to go to one less frequented by tourists. Even though that described us as well, who could resist the suggestion? And of course, there were tourists at the Durnbrau; we shared a table with a couple of Japanese visitors. The place was packed out that night, but the staff moved with incredible efficiency, speed and good humour to get the orders on the tables. It would seem that everyone got what they had asked for as there were no rumbles of discontent. I had read that duck was a Christmas Eve speciality in Germany, so I had that with dumplings. It tasted almost like wild duck, but if it was, I had missed that explanation on the menu. Anyway, I am pretty sure that it was free range and had waddled around outside for an amble before heading for the market. I can do without big potato dumplings as I feel that I am about to explode after eating one, but I did get through almost a whole one. There was just room for a special German dessert. I wish I could tell you what it was, but I have forgotten the German word for it. Sorry about that fellows. It was a plate full of pieces of what looked like donuts sprinkled with sugar. I think it came with a bowl of cream, but I was almost comatose by then, not from the alcohol, but from the amount of food we consumed. By the way, I did have a delicious potato soup as a first course.
It was a great evening in a charming restaurant and a unique way to spend Christmas Eve.
And not just Christmas Eve, it is a restaurant well worth a visit any time of the year. There are a number of tables outside, so if the weather had been warmer we could have chosen to have dinner al fresco. Not on December 24th though.

Turin, Italy
“A must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I went looking for a place to eat on New Year's Eve during the afternoon: everywhere else they just sent us away saying they didn't have any place. We found this little place by chance and it was an amazing experience! The maitre was so kind to allow us to make a reservation very early even if they were all booked. We had a great time: the food was super, the staff was the kindest and the atmosphere was typically bavarian, not fake just for turists' sake. We loved it!!

1 Thank Giulia B
Hartsdale, New York
“Great dinner in Munich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here during a business trip in Feb '13 and a returned for dinner with friends following a river cruise. Great service, excellent food and atmosphere.