Vi Vadi Hotel
Hotel Amba(Munich)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Regent(Munich)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsitalian restaurant next doortrain stationsmall kitchenettefree wifiminute walkmini kitchenmain stationlaundry facilitiesmunich hbflufthansa buslocation is greatno air confacing the streetcomfortable staytwo blocksper daybudget hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Vi Vadi is a great hotel. Staff was really nice and helpful and spoke english.
The room had a kitchen and everything was very nice and clean.
The breakfast is served just outside the hotel and there are some very nice ladies there. It was really good!
The hote is really close to the train station and a short walk to Marienplatz

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The position of the hotel a few minutes from the main train station and in a quiet street is excellent. The lobby and hallways to the rooms were a bit shabby but the rooms themselves were well presented, spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was adequate.
The reason we chose this hotel was the kitchen and laundry facilities as we were staying for a week before commencing a tour. We were able to shop at a nearby supermarket and prepare our meals on the evenings when we had had a long day of sightseeing and did not want to go out again into the cold. The kitchen facilities did vary between the two rooms we had booked. One room had an oven and the other had a microwave, neither had both.
The laundry in the basement meant that we could wash and dry all our clothes before our tour started without having to find a laundromat.
Breakfast in the adjoining Italian estaurant was excellent with plenty of food, including eggs, available each day. We also had a couple of evening meals here as the variety and quality of the meals was excellent.

1  Thank MargD
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Went to Munich for Oktoberfest so this review might be a bit skewed by the fact that more or less everyone in this and every other hotel at this time has been drinking a lot!

The rooms were on the small side but were clean and tidy.

It is very near the train station which can be a bit dodgy especially a night but if you are here for Oktoberfest it's ideal as you can either get the U-Bahn from the station or it's only a 10/15 minute walk to the festival itself.

It did get very noisy in the hotel at some points but it was usually just Oktoberfest revellers coming back which I suspect is a curse in every hotel in Munich at this time of year.

The staff on reception were very helpful and didn't seem to mind that everyone is asking them the same questions about Oktoberfest every day.

If I were to go back to Munich outside the festival time i'm not sure I would stay here but if I were, this is a great option as it's relatively cheap compared to what some places are charging for accommodation and it's clean and comfy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Away_travelling
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights in December, and were very happy.
The location is great - a quick walk to the main train station, with a number of places to eat nearby, and a supermarket around the corner. Wifi internet access was provided for free, it was available in the room itself, and the password details were provided without even being asked for during check-in.  I mention this because I like having wifi access in my room, and this was the only hotel I stayed in in Europe where the wifi reached the rooms, except one other where you practically had to beg reception for a password!
We selected two rooms with kitchens. The rooms were great - spacious and very nicely done up (a contrast to the corridors and lobby area, which do need a new paint job!). Bathroom was adequate, could have used a few more items in the kitchens, and we had a microwave only in one, and an oven only in the other, which worked okay only because we had the two rooms booked. Overall, I really liked the rooms, the only issue was the door was a little difficult to open. I found the rooms to be very quiet - so just make sure you ask for a room facing the back and you will have no problems.
A few more TV channels in English would have been great, especially as it was December so we tended to be in the rooms for more time, but I found this to be standard across all the hotels I stayed in.
They also have washing machines and dryers in the basement, which you can use for a couple of euros. We didn't find any such facilities in the other hotels we stayed in, so again, Vi Vadi is a great choice, as it was very handy to be able to wash our clothes at the end of our stay, before we moved on to our next location.
The restaurant next door was nice, breakfast was served there daily, an adequate selection of breads, jams, cheeses, meat, yogurt, eggs, sausages, coffee and juices.

1  Thank Karafromsydney
Reviewed December 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed with our two young children in a loft suite for a few nights.

Good location. The room itself was clean and well suited for our needs - main bed upstairs and pull out couch for the kids downstairs. Having a small kitchen was helpful although they hotel could do with stocking the kitchen a bit better with minor appliances and kitchen tools - the coffee making facilities in room were absolutely pathetic. The common areas of the hotel are all a bit rundown and dated and could do with a good cleaning and painting. The elevator is like something out of a horror movie.

After we checked out and were on a train out of Munich, my wife realized that she had left a pair of boots in the room, drying under a radiator. I immediately contacted the hotel and, after a couple of days' wait, was advised that the boots could not be located. I like to think the best of people and hate to speculate but boots don't just walk away by themselves.

Staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. I wish I could say the same for the cleaning staff, however give that my wife's leather boots "disappeared" from the room, I'm not sure what to say.

But for the missing boots, I would recommend this hotel with the caveat that you shouldn't expect much in the way of kitchen facilities or common areas.

1  Thank dhizett