“Excellent Service”
Review of Vi Vadi Hotel

Vi Vadi Hotel
Ranked #129 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent staff, able to check me in even I arrived early in the morning; as this is my first time in Munich, hotel staff provided me with a detailed orientation of Munich. Room is spacious and I love the kitchenette, especially the electric kettle for making tea plus microwave oven for heating up food, very caring! Location is good, within 10 minutes from Munich Hbf and city centre as well. Good for both leisure and business travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fio_1080
There are newer reviews for Vi Vadi Hotel

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location was ideal for me because the metro/train station was about 10 minutes away (2 blocks away). The Supermarket was minutes away from the hotel. The room was clean but when I walked in to the room for the first time it smelt like someone was smoking in the room before. I spoke with the front desk staffs and by the time I came back from my tour it was all gone. WIFI was included in my price and didn’t face any problems with it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lucia V
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located near the main train station, U-Bahn, supermarkets, and, for those who are interested, all-English cinema. The front-desk was very helpful and friendly and were able to provide us with excellent and free touristic information and maps. They were extremely rude and unhelpful at the Tourist Office of the main train station – we suggest you go straight to the hotel for any information you need! The room was nice and comfortable and we were very happy about the free wi-fi, satellite TV, and room safe. The bathroom was nice and offered complimentary toiletries. Although we liked the kitchenette with mini-bar and microwave, please note that there are no pots and pans for cooking. Overall, our experience of this hotel was very positive and we would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kasparus
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very clean hotel; very friendly and helpful front office staff; interacted with 4-5 different folks during our stay and all were very cordial and helpful.

Located 2-3 blocks from the main train/subway station so it provides easy access to get to where you want to go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One will be forgiven if you find yourself hesitating before stepping into this hotel. And the decor in the passages won't do much to allay those fears....
But step into your room and you may think you have just walked into a new world... Clean, well-appointed, and spacious, the only negative being that the room smelt as if someone had previously smoked in it...
Bonus; very close to main station, perfect for a one-night stopover and friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A 3 star hotel located in walking distance of downtown Munich. Friendly staff, free Wi-Fi, comfortable bed and breakfast included. We were able to reach all the interesting sites in Munich on our own two feet after a warm European breakfast and dark coffee. Recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just returned from my stag do. It was a group of 17 men and the hotel were good to accommodate us - some don't. It is very central and close to a main railway and underground station which is very useful. My room was on the back and although there was no view, it was peaceful. My room was excellent value. Two large single beds, large windows, two leather chairs and a desk, flat screen TV on the wall not to mention the kitchenette. It was very clean and well appointed. The shower was nice and the bathroom very clean. I must add here that other members of my party said their rooms weren't as nice as mine and didn't have the leather chairs, perhaps I got lucky. I did notice there were large numbers of cleaning staff making their way around the hotel rooms in the mornings and the communal areas were kept nice too. The only thing I can't comment on is food because we didn't eat in the restaurant. The attached restaurant is nice though and we did sit outside with a few beers.

One member of the reception staff was particularly good and helped me organise a Go Karting trip with a company outside of the city centre. I had made contact with the company but not received final confirmation from them but the reception staff were very good and called for me and managed to arrange our visit for us. My room mate and brother however had less helpful service. My brother, when accidentally locked out of his room by his room mate, had to argue with the staff to get one of them to unlock the room for him and on another occasion when my own room mate simply asked if there was a nearby shop where he could buy some coffee from, was shunned and not helped - we later found a shop just around the corner which I'm sure the staff must've known about but were not helpful at the time. If they'd been as helpful in those two cases as they were with the go karting then this hotel would've gotten 5 stars.

I'd definitely stop here again. Its well located, very reasonably priced and well presented.

Room Tip: I was in room 104.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Michael M, Manager at Vi Vadi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Ministe2003,

thank you very much for your visit at VI VADI HOTEL.

Let me express my gratitude for having taken the time to leave your comments on this website.
I was very happy to read about your experience with us, your feedback is extremly important to us.

More than 90% of our rooms are equipped like your room. There are some rooms with diffrent furniture, a little older but theese rooms offer SIMMONS and TRECA beds.
We are still working at some rooms to be able to offer the same quality to all of our guests.

We are very sorry about your experience not having got a recommendation for having a coffee.
Everybody should have been able to recommend a place to go.

To improve our services it is very important for us getting reviews. Thank you very much again and have a good time.

We would be very happy to accomodate you next time back in Munich.

Yours sincerely