“Location and Clean - The basics. If you want more then look elsewhere”

A&O Munich Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #372 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights, on my arrival to Munich, and also for 2 nights during Oktoberfest.
Choose the hotel with no high expectations. All I was looking for was a clean, centrally located hotel, in downtown Munich, at a reasonable price.
I took the S8 train from Munich Airport and got off at Hauptbahnhof (Central Station). It is about a 45 minute train ride (10 Euro) to central station, and then 10 minute walk to the hotel. Very easy to find. Close walk to the old town, and all the attractions.

The hotel staff are NOT that friendly, and not overly helpful. I asked for directions and they pointed me in the wrong direction. On the first stay at the hotel I was able to check in early. The rooms are small, but are clean. Again this is a place to basically shower and sleep for the night. Good for a 1 or 2 night stay. If you are staying longer, I would look elsewhere.
Breakfast was not included in my stay, an extra 6 euro. Coffee was 2.80 euro and drinks also expensive. But there are many cafes, and choices close by.
There is free internet in the lobby. If you want it in your room, there is an extra cost. The internet worked well, and no password login issues.

Just an extra word of advise. The hotel has a hostel portion with the hotel. The hotel section is in 2 towers, and the hostel is downstairs. Lots of kids around, but they are very friendly and all was safe.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back wing on the hotel, on the upper floors. Ask for an early check in...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cotss

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed there for one night. It was really disappointing. The staff at the reception was very rude. The option which we had booked before was not done for us at all. It was surprising that a hotel worker didn't think that this was a problem of the hotel, there were no any excuses for that mistake. I would never have stayed there if i could.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank AnnaLisitsa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

it is cleand and tidy inside. the location is good for walking distance both to the city center, and if in season to the oktoberfest. it is also very close to the main train station and metro to reach to the airport. can be recommended for short stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nergis C
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked a single room in the Hotel, and I got a double one with a balcony. The room was clean and tidy. The service at the reception nice and helpful. There is a baggage room available and internet on request.
My room was in a quiet position.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is clean. The rooms are small but convenient. They contain everything needed. Very good and convenient bathroom. It is not expensive. Very sufficient to stay a few days or a week in Munich. Friendly staff. I was very happy to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location is practical, not far away from the train station, and ideally next to a metro stop. Free WiFi in the lobby, and spacy clean rooms. A bit noisy because of many kids and loud tourists around but it didn't bother us much at night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I found this hotel very disappointing. First of all, I got stuck in the lifts twice because it wasn't working properly and I got stuck in there for about 30 minutes before an engineer finally came and sorted the door out. The staff were kind enough to let me have a bottle of water from their machine free of charge as I was sweating and had to complain about this. The bathroom in my room wasn't too great either. Whenever I put on the tap water to wash my hands, face or brush my teeth the water would fill the sink up so quickly and when I turned the water off it would take at least half an hour for all of the water to go down ( I am not exaggerating ). I can understand and appreciate the fact that this is only a 2 star hotel so it's not going to live up to most people's expectations but I still expected better. This was just poor. The only good things that I can say about this hotel is that it's less then 5 minutes walk to the main railway station and about 10 minutes walk to 'Marienplatz' (the main heart of the city and most touristy area). However, I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo