“excellent”

Ranked #462 of 3,791 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Experience the inimitable Kafer feeling at Munich Airport. In the public area of Terminal 1, the Kafer bistro offers delicious foods for passengers, meeters and greeters and guests, from Kafer's signature salmon starter to hearty Bavarian fare. The open kitchen lets you watch the cooks work their magic. The naturally lit solarium is ideal not only for memorable dining experiences. It's also an excellent spot for meetings and small conferences. Come and relax at Kafer even if you're not about to fly anywhere.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

i stopped for a one hour stopover and was quite impressed with the quality and friendliness, it is asparragus time and in addition to a regular menu there is a long list of asparragus dishes, including a great soup, when i complained the serving was a bit small they said it was standard size (0.2 l) which is perhaps true but then gave me a half extra helping which made my stay, of course one of the great features are the sockets which allowed filling up my laptop as well as my stomach, highly recommended

There are newer reviews for Kaefer Bistro

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Looked like the best restaurant in Munich airport T2 for a 2 hour stopover. The salmon tartar was outstanding and great value. The restaurant is a nice design and I enjoyed eating, working and filling my time. The only issue was the service...which was nice and polite...but I almost resorted to semaphore to get someone to talk to me after the initial drink order was taken.

If in Munich airport...come here....

1  Thank GroundedKiwi
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I always stop here when in Munich airport. Food is good, with seasonal variation and a good choice for breakfast and lunch. Service is professional, nice and quick. My kids appreciate it, too!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

When ever I have a transfer in Munich I try to have time to take a meal at Käfer
Really good food friendly and Quick service I recommend it happily to all my friends

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I decided to try this place when I realised there was a passport contro I couldn't get throughl between me and my favourite place at the Munich Airport.

I wasn't disappointed. The bistro setting is pleasant, the service is nice and professional, and the food was good (though not as great as at that other place), the menu offering some quite interesting dishes as well as typical Bavarian food, and the prices are resonable for an airport restaurant (but don't expect cheap, this is not a sandwich bar).

And, they also have Airbräu's Kumulus wheat beer, which is worth trying.