“Outstanding food, slow service”

Kaefer Bistro T2 am Flughafen
Ranked #453 of 3,703 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food, slow service”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Looked like the best restaurant in Munich airport T2 for a 2 hour stopover. The salmon tartar was outstanding and great value. The restaurant is a nice design and I enjoyed eating, working and filling my time. The only issue was the service...which was nice and polite...but I almost resorted to semaphore to get someone to talk to me after the initial drink order was taken.

If in Munich airport...come here....

1 Thank GroundedKiwi

• Polish first
Ancona, Italia
“Always a nice experience”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I always stop here when in Munich airport. Food is good, with seasonal variation and a good choice for breakfast and lunch. Service is professional, nice and quick. My kids appreciate it, too!

Visited January 2013
“I always take my time to take a meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

When ever I have a transfer in Munich I try to have time to take a meal at Käfer
Really good food friendly and Quick service I recommend it happily to all my friends

Sisak, Croatia
“A Good Alternative to My Favourite Here”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I decided to try this place when I realised there was a passport contro I couldn't get throughl between me and my favourite place at the Munich Airport.

I wasn't disappointed. The bistro setting is pleasant, the service is nice and professional, and the food was good (though not as great as at that other place), the menu offering some quite interesting dishes as well as typical Bavarian food, and the prices are resonable for an airport restaurant (but don't expect cheap, this is not a sandwich bar).

And, they also have Airbräu's Kumulus wheat beer, which is worth trying.

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Average food, expensive.”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Business trip for 3. My food experience was less than an average to be honest. The wienerschnitzel, came in a very small portion, which defintily didnt justify the €21 price. The apple struddel was a lot better, but the custard was more like single cream than custard. It would have probably gotten 2 stars but for the efforts of the waiter. He was very helpful and the service was great. Food was out in double quick time and the drinks were brought out just at the right time.

• Visited December 2012