“Getting to know Munich with Rut”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich
Book In Advance
More Info
$18.56*
and up
Munich Beer Evening Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 20 Food & Drink in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Free walking tours of Munich.
Munich, Germany
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Getting to know Munich with Rut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had a great incredible morning. The explanations of Rut were very interesting and entertaining. She even made us forget the cold temperatures! Hearing her the time passed by very fast.
We learned a lot about Munich's culture and History.

1 Thank Angels V

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
New York, New York, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Blake Barnes from Sandeman's Tours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Blake starts off as very mellow but once he gets going his tour is very enjoyable. He asks everyone where they are from, asks questions to get us going, a nice, very informative tour that does not turn boring. Totally recommend him. No bathroom break.

Brooklyn, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I would prefer to pay for the walking tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Though some people had issues with their free tour being too big, I happened to arrive on a day where the tour was too small, so instead of a full city 3 hour tour, we got 1.5 hours. Which is fine as an introductory but not necessarily what I had hoped to experience. I know its a crap shoot how many people will come to each tour but I'd really rather pay a full amount and know that I'll get a full tour.

2 Thank adam s
Nassau, NY
3 attraction reviews
“You always learn something new!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have been to Munich three times before and always toured on our own. This time we tried the Free Tour with Michelle. Even though it was cold and snowy, the tour was excellent. It is easy to see the obvious sites of Munich, but so easy to miss the hidden stories of a wonderful city.

Visited February 2013
neuquen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour de la cerveza- Beer experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The truth is that it was the first tour I did with the company Sandemans and was the worst of all. The tour is very expensive for what it offers, it says free beers include a first beer on a hot dog stand outside the train station, outdoors. I was in the middle of winter, it was snowing and we were making out with cold beer and fast in order to continue with the tour. Then they take you to bars where the beer will you have to pay, and finally the second beer they give you is in a bar in a hostel.
I was looking for a tour where learning of beer in Munich and did not find anything, I had to ask please tell me something at least history.
I do not think it's worth paying for beers as you can do on your own.
In other cities did several tours of this company and they were excellent! really recommended, the beer of Munich, no.

La verdad es que fue el primer tour que hice con la empresa Sandemans y fue el peor de todos. El tour sale muy caro para lo que brinda, las cervezas gratis que dice incluir es una primer cerveza en un puesto de salchichas afuera de la estacion de trenes, al aire libre. Yo fui en pleno invierno, estaba nevando y nos hicieron tomar la cerveza afuera con frio y rapido para poder seguir con el tour. Despues te llevan a bares donde la cerveza te la tenes que pagar vos y finalmente la segunda cerveza que te regalan es en un bar de un hostel.
Yo fui en busca de un tour donde aprender de la cerveza en Munich y no encontre nada de eso, tuve que pedir por favor que me cuenten algo al menos de historia.
No me parece que valga la pena pagar por tomar cervezas ya que se puede hacer por cuenta propia.
Vale aclarar que en otras ciudades hice varios tours de éesta empresa y fueron EXCELENTES! realmente recomendables, éste de Munich de la cerveza, no.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank fridachi
Mark Q, Guest Relations Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Munich, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Fridachi,

I'm very sorry you feel let down by the Beer Challenge in Munich. Your comments have been thoroughly reviewed by our management team who are constantly looking for ways to improve the tours.

The Beer Challenge is one of our most popular, and we do stop to grab a quick beer on the way to our first bar, but I accept that in the cold, and without gloves, this is not the most comfortable of experiences.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Safe travels,