“Consistently Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
London, United Kingdom
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit, the last one was six months ago. Once again the restaurant served up well executed dishes with good flavour profiles.
This isn't a fancy place, the food is more homely. The staff can be a bit ditzy, but are also very helpful. They speak excellent English, and the menu has English translations.
We started with the mixed tandoori starter, two different types of chicken, both moist and flavourful and some marinated red meat (I assume lamb). I went for the Thali, which gives a range of dishes, three different flavours, accompanied by some crisp salad and a cooling raita. The naan are fluffy and crispy, with that singed flavour from the heat of the oven. We finished off with the fresh Mango (summer months only) with ice cream.

Munich, Germany
“Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

As a local the Indian restaurant didn't appear any special at all...so just a random walk in cause I was hungry. Didn't regret it. Service was a little weird, we had about 5 waiters in 10 minutes but that didn't bother too much.

I had the Mango Chicken Curry which was absolutely stunning as well as the rice and the complimentary mango cream as a dessert. The starter salad was lame but in overall very delicious Indian food and not expensive

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Munich, Germany
“Consistently the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is one of the best hidden gems of the city. Whenever we have visitors we bring them here, because the food is unbeatable. My favorite dish is the achari chicken and the different types of filled naan are also worth a try.

The service is attentive, without being over the top, and the food is spectacular. There's a lot of attention to layered tastes and even the rice has green cardamom pods in giving it a wonderful scent and taste.

Sometimes I wonder if there's something addictive in the sauces, because I could probably eat this every day and not tire of it.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank duellema
Doha, Qatar
“Man ... Cant forget that”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

A friend of mine suggested this place for dinner and we had some really good time . they serve complimentary rice... We had some really hot rotis and Vindaloo... it was really hot, like we wanted it and was tasty. The mixed grill was also nice...
We had dinner twice here.
The service was good and the manage rwas very cordial.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Koshy A
East Mids UK
“Above average Indian Food that is hot, hot, hot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

The local Holiday Inn recommended this place to us as it is only a 8 min walk. The interior was not much different from most traditional Indian Restaurants, but the staff were very courteous to our group of 5 colleagues and gave us excellent service throughout the evening.
We had a selection of starters. I usually go for onion bhaji as a benchmark for first visits. These were nothing like any I had had before, as not only were they flatter but they were hot, hot, hot! My eyes were watering. They tasted relatively normal when you first put them in your mouth, then the chillies kicked in. There were some interesting sauces supplied and the Indian beer helped dilute the heat.
Main courses were also hot and my chicken jalfrezi was one of the best I have had, served with ample rice and peshwari naans. The lamb dishes my colleagues had were deemed excellent. One of our group had a spinich and cheese dish, which was beautifully flavoured. A round of the local liqueuers was offered with the compliments of the house and we all left having had an enjoyable evening. Can't comment on the prices as my boss paid, but I think it was reasonable for Munich.
If you are using the excellent subway system, you will get off at Rosenheimer Platz and walk up Rosenheimer Strasse away from town and it is on your left.

• Visited September 2011