“Small but good”

Cuisines: Brazilian, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Extremely kind owner and staff, excellent food, good cocktails and very reasonable prices. This is a small modest place but if you are a tourist looking to have a very good lunch/dinner and after continue with your city stroll I recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank miske50

Reviewed April 27, 2013

My boyfriend is Brazilian and so we were very excited to find an authentic Brazilian restaurant serving feijoada in Munich. Little did we know that it would take over two hours to receive our food, even though we had reserved our table well in advance! In addition, we were asked to share one plate of food because the waitress told us that two plates would not fit on the table (a completely ridiculous statement since the table was huge). We were still charged for 2 plates, however, and were given funny looks when we requested some additional rice. The caipirinhas were served only 2/3 full and were not authentic in any way. Truth be told, we will never return to this restaurant and are disgusted at fishing out 60 euros for what was meant to be a nice Brazilian meal. Anyone who considers this food to be "worth the long wait" and "authentically good" has clearly never been to Brazil.

2  Thank Keekee07
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was my second time in Ver-O-Peso in a few years. Why I don't go there more often, I don't have a clue!

The establishment is divided into two parts, a bar at the front and a few tables at the back. Despite its small size it has an intimate and cozy feel and the blues and jazz music coming out of the speakers, mixed with portuguese and brazilian music in the same vein create a cool atmosphere.

The menu has limited options, but every dish is delicious and cooked by Brazilians. Prices are fair and the service is very good. The cocktail menu is extensive and in all honesty the cocktails are worth their money (prices are entirely normal for Munich at 8-9 Euro for a cocktail).

As the place is so small, calling to reserve a table is highly recommended, especially when looking to visit on a busy night of the week. And when it gets busy, service might take a tiny bit longer than usual, but it's not a matter of real concern.

Definitely recommended I'll make sure I won't take that long to visit again!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were hunting around for a place to eat on a Saturday night recently, and found this restaurant/bar on TripAdvisor. The place itself is very small, and one can't be too noisy when sitting outside after a certain hour, due to the residents upstairs. The bartender and kitchen staff are Brazilian, and I was very impressed with their caipirinhas, as well as the food they served. I had the feijoada, and my partner and I shared a mango mousse for dessert. It was light, full of flavour, and exceeded our expectations. The waiter seemed a little distracted, and forgot one of our cocktails, but apart from that it was a positive experience. We will definitely go again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

As brazilian I can assure here is the only place in Munich where you can have a proper caipirinha. Food is also good when Mama Sandra is cooking. Atmosphere is tipical from brazil countryside, which is my favourite.