“Nice Hotel for Family in the Heart of Munich”
Review of H+ Hotel Munchen

H+ Hotel Munchen
Ranked #106 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived very early in the morning from Doha to the hotel last 29th April and stayed for two nights. The staff was very helpful and accommodating in keeping our bags tucked in the hotel while we wait for check-in time.

It is very easy to explore Munich from the hotel - it is walking distance from Marienplatz and the Central train station, a perfect location for family with kids like us. Also, restaurants abound all round the area - which was very convenieint

The breakfast is superb - my husband was very impressed. And the staff clearly adored children, my kids received awesome presents from them. Kinder chocolate and bear stuffed toy (which we named Munich later on!).

There was also an incident of locked bathroom door from outside and they immediately responded. Most of the staff are very friendly and very reliable indeed.

Just this one incident that I felt so insulted - we had a day trip to Neuschwanstein castle and we left our baby's milk bottle in the lobby. We saw the bottle on the reception desk and I asked " is that ours." And he said I don't know and gave me the bottle. He then speak in German to another customer and they shared a very good laugh. I found this rude but then again could be a cultural thing.

Apart from that one isolated incident - our stay in Treff Hotel is simply fabulous and we could recommend this hotel to traveling friends and family members.

Room Tip: We are a family of five and we chose the double room right in front of the elevator - it is spacious...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is four star hotel in the middle of Munich. While the hotel is a little old and showing some wear it is a great place to stay. The staff are really helpful and are willing to go out of their way to help you. Breakfasts are great, with plenty to choose from. The hotel is located very close to the Central Railway Station which makes it easy to get around the city and surround countryside.

I would recommend this hotel it reasonably priced hotel . The rooms are a good size although a little strange in colour scheme!

The area around looks a bit rundown but its ok and it's close to shopping for those bargains

Room Tip: Use the local trains to get around Munich, it's easy! And it's saves you heaps. Check out th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here one night. Room was cramped, two people could not move around at the same time. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean. As others have noted, it is located on a busy multicultural street that featured strip joints and international food. It is close to the main train station and not too far from the city center. The hotel is fine for a short stay, like one day, but I would not want to spend any extended time here. We did not have the breakfast so I can't comment on that. The reception staff were happy to make us a cup of coffee for 3 euros. In general the hotel felt cramped. Other than sleeping there was little reason to be at the hotel, even the TV selection was limited. if you are just looking for a place to sleep this hotel ifsfine, if you want more out of a hotel, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaxnomad
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good part - Steffen was very nice, friendly and welcoming!

Bad part- Here's the story!!!Checked in late on the last leg of a 2 week European getaway. Prepaid the hotel via booking.com to lock-in a great deal. Power went out around 9am next day morning and housekeeping came to fix it. Left a clean and tidy room at 1pm to go sight seeing. Stopped at front desk around 1:05p to ask Sebastian at reception for directions. He proceeded to inform us that there was a complaint by housekeeping - Mrs Hassani of our room being 'dirty' and he didn't want to have to charge us extra money (all this in front of another hotel guest). Very insulting since housekeeping had not yet cleaned the room that day.. what is her definition of dirty since she only had stopped by earlier to fix the power issue! was she being racist and assuming the worst from 2 fabulous and classy women of color?! She wasn't available to answer any question. We will file a formal complaint with the appropriate authorities soon after corresponding with Thomas the hotel manager.

FYI, we are professional women who have travelled the world and this was the first blatant insult by hotel housekeeping making false assumptions and accusations. I know we got a good deal but refuse to assume the hotel was looking for ways to charge extra on no basis... Other than that, loved Munich!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Travelbug2011136
TREFF_MUC, Manager at H+ Hotel Munchen, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Lola,

thank you very much for your reservation in our hotel and the feedback given. We are terrible sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay. At no point we intended to make you feel bad or insulted. We assure you that every guest is warmly welcome at our hotel and no racial prejudice is accepted. Most of our employees have different cultural backgrounds and Munich is a very international city with visitors from all over the world. Hence we assure you that no racial remark would be tolerated in our hotel and we never intended to insult you in any way. We apologize if you did not receive the hospitality expected. We still hope you enjoiyed your stay in Munich.

Your team of TREFF Hotel München City Centre
Nicole Krötz – Online Reputation Management

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is a good place for 1 or 2 nights when you stay in Munich. Close to the main train station and to the city center. Very friendly staff! This hotel runs under the Ramada umbrella. The rooms are clean and fresh.

As mentioned from other travellers - the location is not overwhelming! One thinks you landed in Karachi!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed for three nights at the hotel and after a bit of a rocky start where my room had been double booked by my booking agent and there was uncertainty of it I could get a refund and cancellation of one room. There were alot of e-mails going between myself, the booking agency and the hotel. It was all cleared up in the end, though I did have to e-mail the hotel to get confirmation and receipt that one room was refunded to my credit card. I did end up having to pay for both rooms on my credit card initially, which I was not happy about.

On arrival when I checked in they said that I had been up-graded with my room - glad I was, would hate to see what the room was like before the up grade. It was very cold in Munchen the weekend I was there and it was nice to set the room temp to the level you wanted it.

There was one small complaint with the room layout. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, sat on the edge of the bed and reached over to open the bathroom door. In the dark I did not realise the lack of space between the bed and the door and opened the door into my bent knee. I swear to God, I thought I had broken/chipped my knee cap - the rooms must be very well sound proofed, because no one banged on my door or wall with the howl of pain and then swearing that came from my room after that.

It was a good three nights stay, though I was also disappointed in the 'pay extra for Sky' and just basic TV channels in your room. There is pay TV channels that I found skimming through the channels (two of them are Blue channels) and they show segments of what to expect on the channels. I was shocked and tried to get off them as fast as possible and it seems in my panic I hit the wrong button. On check out I was shocked when they said I had to 'pay for my Pay TV over the two nights' - after explaining the situation they said I would not have to pay as I obviously was shocked and adamant I was not paying for those channels. They need to put a different system in where no TV pictures of those channels can be seen until the Pay TV has been set up, as I would hate a child to stumble across these channels.

Very nice, central station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have just arrived home from 2 nights stay at this hotel. Check in was quick and efficient, room was small but very clean and nice decor. Had a problem with the shower upon arrival but this was fixed quickly once reported. Beds very comfortable, cleaning service good. Free internet was good. All staff pleasant and friendly. Very close to train station and the main tourist areas, although the location would not be good for families as there are alot of "adult" shops and bars in the area! But for couples and for business trips I would highly reccomend this small, friendly, clean hotel, which was also great value for money.

Room Tip: Our room was very small but i think you may be able to request a bigger room, we wern't aware of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple