“Modern look with clean rooms and good breakfast”

AZIMUT Hotel Munich
Ranked #279 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Although I stayed only one night, it was a great place to stay. The lobby was clean and furnished in a contemporary style. The rooms were similar, clean, well furnished and functional. Wifi was free but only worked in the lobby. Breakfast included a vareity of food and drink, served as a buffet. The bartender also makes a fabulous cocktail.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank rexy_937

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a quite good hotel with friendly stuff. Even though I arrived at 8 in the morning I was allowed to check in and sleep a bit. The hotel is clean and the location is very quiet even though there are railways in the neighborhood. To the nearest S-Bahn station you walk approximately 10-15 minutes (lines 2, 4 and 8), there is no metro, but a bus stop directly in front of the hotel, but I didn't use as buses are rarer than the trains. If you come with an airplain you will be glad to know that the hotel is on the way from the airport's S8 line - so you don't have to change the line to get here.The rooms are good, but the TV set was a bit small (22") and the room could be a bit bigger (estimate 20qm). What is quite negative is the absence of the air conditioner - if you come in a hot summer you will have problems falling asleep. Besides, the breakfast is good, but not perfect for a 4* hotel. Still I enjoyed my stay here, I would have given the hotel 3.5 stars, my current rating is a gift for being able to check in at 8 am and for the lowest price in Munich for a 4* hotel - you get what you pay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SergioPQ
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is not centrally loacted but offers very nice and clean rooms. The hotel staff is not very helpful. I stayed there many time but never had breakfast. It looked good though. Would definitely recommend if you go to Munich by car. Public transportation is availble but check before hand how long it takes to get to the city centre.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Cosmo2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here in January 2011 for one night. The hotel is really lovely but it is very far away (40 minutes) from the city centre. The place is really new and clean and is similar to a boutique hotel and breakfast was nice but if you are a tourist without a car it would be a disaster to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

4 days in amazing Munich and 3 nights in this so-so hotel. It was a mistake to try saving money by booking cheap hotel in the suburb - we spent too much money for bus tickets and taxi. The stuff did't seem to be very helpful. And the room was so small that I could hardly find a place to put my luggage.
At the same time the room was clean and well equipped. May be the location is ok for people who travel by car. I arrived to Munich by car, the way from city highways to the hotel is simple and comfortable. But there's bad news again! The hotel's parking is too expensive while the street near the hotel is too small :(

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valentina I
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had booked a double room for one night in March. We arrived late at night and just wanted to go to bed quickly. When we entered the room we found only one pillow, one blanket and only one set of towels. Obviously the room had been prepared for single occupancy only. So I went down to the reception an explained the guy that there has been a mistake, and that we booked a double room but the room was not prepared for two people. The receptionist immediately offered me the keys to another room which I thought would solve the problem. When we entered our new room we found that it was quite a large suite but it only had two single beds and not a double bed as we had booked it. So again I went down to reception and told the guy I just want a normal double room with enough bedclothes for two people. At this point he seemed quite annoyed and told me that I should have said it in the first place if I need extra blankets and pillows. I think he never understood that there was actually something missing in the room to be a double. He just thought I am a very demanding guest requesting something extraordinary. We finally moved back to the room that was initially assigned to us and a few minutes later he brought the missing stuff, not without making it clear that this is normally not his job and that he is doing us a favour.

The room itself was modern but a bit small.I remember in the morning it was a bit noisy because it was facing the inner yard and you could hear cars arriving and leaving. The breakfast we had there was quite good and the restaurant staff was friendly.

Apart from the problems we had with the room, which hopefully does not happen to anyone else, the hotel is not too bad. It seems to be more for business people as it was quite empty on the weekend we were there. Also, I have to say that the location is not too great. It is far from the city centre and there seems to be not much going on in the surrounding area. However, we chose it because it can be reached quite easily from the airport either by S-Bahn or by car.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene K
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Rooms were basic,no restaurant, no room service ,not even one chanel in English or in any other language on Television, no chops around. The hotel was very clean and the staff were fantastic , helpful and even ordering my take away foods in german.In the morning when we went after hour for breakfast because of time difference we were still allowed in ( the breakfast was nice) .
Overall It would have been fine if I did not have to pay every day 34 euro for the taxi to come and go to the center

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family