“A great start to our Europe trip!”

angelo by Vienna House Munich Leuchtenbergring
Ranked #28 of 390 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in June, beginning of our Europe travels. Our experience at Angelo was impeccable! The rooms were very clean and well serviced, the breakfasts and the serving staff, were simply outstanding - the best we have ever experienced. Front desk staff were always extremely helpful, friendly and understanding and very willing to assist.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2013

we have spend thier 7 nights .Medium-sized modern rooms. Has a minibar and an electric kettle. Free internet throughout the hotel. Breakfast is rich and varied. And best of all kind and polite staff. Responded to our request. Especially nice was the waitress who responded to our requests Mariana special warmth and courtesy. Using the reception we purchased tickets for trains and booked tours. Excellent hotel's location right on the main railway lines, metro station and right next to a shopping center and parking. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: rooms In the rear wing of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here during Oktoberfest last year. The location of the hotel is easily accessible on the train from the airport. The staff is friendly, professional, and patient in dealing with us (we locked ourselves out of the room a few times). Extensive breakfast selection.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It is one of the best 4 star hotel in Munich. The location is perfect, just some meters away from Ostbahnhof train/ metro station. The builging is new and modern and design ofbthe hotel and rooms are cute. Room size is okay, but very good designed. The led tv exist but limited broadcast it has. The bed is comfortable and they have good sound isolation. The air inside of rooms are fresh. I highly recommed this hotel. I will stay evertime in Munich in this hotel.

1  Thank Mmystere S
Reviewed July 6, 2013

nice connection to airport great.breakfast and very good service. If there is no congress and no trade fair it is very cheap.
Breakfast is supreme and staff is very nice.
Free wireless.
Access to fitness center in the neighborhood.
Shopping great!

Room Tip: good bargain! good breakfast
1  Thank Sisaket
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a very stylish hotel which also has a lot of substance. The staff were extremely helpful and professional. Our room was comfortable and was pretty quiet, so we could sleep well. Breakfast was excellent, as one would expect in Germany, and the dinner we had on our last night was also of very good quality. I would recommend the hotel fully.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The German term for this place is "Mogelpackung"- you look at the package, and you think it's decent, but then you open the package, and it's, in this case, mediocre at best.

My mother and I were on business here, and decided to add a day, since Munich is a gorgeous city. Angelo, a "conference certified" business hotel, seemed to offer what we needed.

The good:
when you walk in, the place looks really neat. Loungy pictures on the wall, a bar and a spacious reception area.

The breakfast buffet is amazing, and the staff there was friendly, helpful and did everything in their power to provide us with a great breakfast experience.

The people checking us out were helpful and friendly, obviously embarrassed about their colleague's indifference (see below), and let me park my car there even though I had already checked out.

The Bad:

-The two people at the reception (Julia and Amado), couldn't have cared less that me and my mother would like to check in. During my check in process, he ran away from the desk to give a cab driver some instructions, and when I asked him to find out about the restaurant I had reservations at, he did so, only after I told him it's really important.

- The internet was down. Fine, that can happen, especially with finicky things like wireless. It happened in other hotels I stayed at, and was usually back up in 2 hours. I would have thought, that a hotel that is "conference certified" and offers its services to business travelers, has a backup plan. Nope, they didn't. So, yes, I had to explain to my boss, that I had no internet availability, since starbucks had already closed. No excuses, no nothing, there was no internet connection the entire time.

-I truly do not know who gave Angelo the name "designhotel" because there is nothing remotely resembling design or aesthetic ideals. The rooms look a little better than Ikea. nothing wrong with Ikea, but don't charge me the price for four stars. No fan in the bathroom, and no sound proofing even though it is next to one of Munich's busier streets (Leuchtenburgring).

-During the entire time we had breakfast, the lounge next door was being loudly vacuumed. People complained and were rudely told that "it needs to be done." I agree, considering the long blonde hair I found on my room's floor (I have black hair), but does it have to be done during breakfast hours?

For what it offered, it was a huge waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Veejay81