“Book a table - you don't want to miss out !!”
Review of Freisinger Hof

Freisinger Hof
Ranked #88 of 4,005 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were lucky to get a table as we didn't book much in advance - so glad we could enjoy dinner here. Beautifully prepared and presented classic dishes from the Alpine regions of Germany and Austria . The restaurant is very attractively decorated and although busy, the staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Even with a full restaurant the atmosphere is relaxing and a quiet conversation across a table is no problem.
We had to travel across the city for a concert so didn't have time for dessert - which is a good reason to return at the next opportunity !!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have eaten here twice in the last 2 weeks as I travel a lot to Munich on business; by the way you should stay at the hotel here too which I have also written a review of ...
You definitely need to reserve here for dinner as it was full both times I was here; the staff are extremely friendly and very knowledgeable of the food and wine. Their specialty is the "tafelspitz" which is boiled beef and is delicious. However all the choices on the menu are excellent and certainly let them offer you some excellent German and Austrian wines.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Really delicious food, great service, good seating and very friendly to boot. They also provide accommodation apparently, which I understand from a friend who knows, is comfy. Comments around the table from people who eat out on expenses all the time include 'wow', 'that's super tasty', 'really delicious,' 'gorgeous wine....'

The waitress was perfection personified - what more could one want - I really don't know - perfect and one of my best restaurants ever

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have eaten at plenty of Bavarian restaurants, and this one is a cut above the others. The decor is traditional Bavarian with paneling, white tablecloths and yellow wall color above the paneling. Service was well paced and the waiter was attentive. The atmosphere was lively but still quiet. It is not set up like a Biergarten.

We ate both lunch and dinner there on the same day. At lunch we were in a group of Americans and Germans. At dinner it was just me, my wife and adult daughter. The menu was the same for both lunch and dinner. I had pan fried chicken for lunch. This was very good. Coating was light and chicken moist. It was served with a German-style potato salad that was also well prepared. My daughter-in-law had the duck with all the fixings. It came as an intact half duck which was crispy on the outside, tasty and tender. My son had the Weiner Schnitzel which appeared typical, served with fried potatoes. My wife had the prawn salad for lunch which she describes as tasty.

My daughter had the salmon for lunch. It was served on a bed of mashed potatoes with a rich, creamy sauce. For dinner she ordered a goat cheese salad which she enjoyed. She especially liked the måche´, and the goat cheese wrapped in bacon was also a treat.

So, everyone enjoyed the food, decor, service, wine, beer and the entire experience. This is known to be a little higher end restaurant and is very popular. Try to have a reservation. Parking is on the side of the building or underground under the hotel next door.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

although we arrived late in the afternoon, they still served us. We were very grateful for that;
We had steak, was not great quality but we enjoyed it. Dessert they forgot to serve, i had to ask for it but i didn't mind, we had time.