“Love this place!!”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at numerous Indian restaurants in Munich and while all were decent to very good, this is our absolute favorite. We've eaten here dozens of times and every time the food has been super! The ingredients are always fresh, the meat lean and the portions good (and when I feel like eating vegetarian, there are plenty of choices). It's hard to say what's best, because it's all been great, but we do tend to go back to the Chicken Tikka Masala, Vindalu or Korma (yep, hard to choose, which is why I recommend the Thali platter. The service is also super. If Mangoes are in season, buy some and take them home - sweetest mango you'll ever have!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. Not in the best of neighbourhoods but the food was superb. You need to get by the dirty tablecloths that they don’t like changing. But once you start tasting the food you’ll forget all that. Prices are reasonable and I couldn’t find anything we had that wasn’t very good. Things with cheese in them were particularly good. It’s quality Indian food in all standards, worldwide.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited the Palast der Winde for dinner while in Munich - as two vegetarians, it was surprisingly easy to find great cuisine! The vegetable korma was wonderful, as was the vegetable masala. Affordable (I believe our meal was 29 euros), great service, good portion size, and meal comes with rice. 4* instead of 5* because the naan was crispy, not thick and chewy, and the main dishes were not as spicy as I am used to. However, it was a great meal and I highly recommend that you try it out if you are a vegetarian or Indian-food lover visiting Munich!

1  Thank Ami P
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Authentic Indian food in Munich is not always easy to find, but the food in the Palast der Winde is excellent. The lunch time menu is very good value for money, the service is very friendly and efficient. I can recommend the Goa fish curry, as well as the duck and lamb dishes. The portions are generous and a complimentary Nan bread is usually served free of charge if there are two of you. If you prefer very spicy food you just have to ask them and they will adjust the spices for you.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We ate serveral dishes and each one of them was yammy, full of taste, spicy, delicious!!!
We took the vegetable pakoras for starter and for the mail dishes we ate Hariyali Tikka and the Chicken Tikka Masala. Both of the dishes were exellent. Good restaurant, not so expensive.