“Superb apartments - highly recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munich
Gastewohnungen "Hubmann"
Ranked #21 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Munich
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We spent 5 nights at the Hubmanns and made our decision based on recommendations from trip advisor - hidden gems. We were not disappointed. The apartment was very clean, tidy, warm, comfortable and cosy. It was well appointed and felt very homely! The apartment had everything we needed as well as those little extras that are often overlooked in commercial apartments. And if we needed anything both Gabriele and Josef were willingly accessible. The neighbourhood was authentic - nice and quiet tree lined streets. The apartments had access to part of the Hubmanns lovely back garden which also led to a bike/walking path. Access to transport was excellent with the local town Wettersteinplatz having a tram and undergound train stop. Only 3 or 4 stops to Marienplatz on the underground. Necessities were available in the town. Gabriele and Josef were both very friendly and welcoming and spoke good english. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hubmann Apartments.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gastewohnungen "Hubmann"

Reviewed April 29, 2010

Stayed at the guest apartments of Mrs. and Mr.Hubmann for a few days during the Bauma trade fair in Munich. Since my plans to visit Munich was made at the last moment, I was finding it difficult to get a room at a reasonable rate and was lucky to get the studio apt. at the guest house. The guest house is extremely well located in a quite residential area within a few minutes of the Munich U bahn 2 that easily connects to all the important business and tourist locations, Messe, Hauptbahnhof and airport. The rooms are adequately sized, clean, provided with all necessary amenities and good value. The guest house is well suited for individual travelers as well as families. I would definitely recommend this to people visiting Munich

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I stayed with my husband and my mom for one week at Guest Apartments Hubmann. We rented the 2-bed unit and were thrilled with our decision. My husband and I stayed in the master bedroom while my mom stayed in 2nd bedroom with two single beds. My rooms were of good size and well-furnished. The beds were so comfortable too! My only comment about the rooms would be that the master bedroom is up a small spiral staircase that is a little slippery. The living room was huge and very thoughtfully furnished. The kitchen was also great and contained everything we needed. It might have actually been larger than my kitchen at home too! Gabi took great care of us while we were there and Josef was so helpful and a pleasure to deal for booking. You absolutely can't go wrong with choosing to stay with the Hubmanns!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LRN327
Reviewed February 3, 2010

There are house rules and they are understandable. This makes for a well-maintained environment.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BARToronto
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I live in the US. I have stayed with Josef & Gabi in their apartments at least 6 times. It is my home in Munich. I absolutely love it. If they did not have a reservation open when I wanted to travel to Munich, I would arrange my dates around being able to stay with them. You will feel welcome and so at home. I could go on and on, but what I want to say the most is that Josef, Gabi, and Leni (their dog) are absolutely wonderful, and I would stay no where else. The apartments are beautifully decorated and so cozy. The U-Bahn is a block away. There are restaurants and bakeries within walking distance. Gabi and Josef are always willing to help in any way they can to make your stay with them a wonderful memory. All you need to do is pack your suitcase. You will love staying there.

Judy Jacobson
Durham, NC

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heidi4g
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed at the Guest Apartments "Hubmann" during my wife;s and I 20th wedding anniversary. We had our 12 year old daughter and niece with us. The apartment was close to the U-bahn and was very convenient for sightseeing in Munich.

The apartment was comfortable and clean and it was great after eating at restaurants to cook or own food purchased at the local market down the street.

Mrs. Hubmann was very nice and although I am in Munich frequently for business trips, provided some nice travel tips.

The WiFi was very nice and made the stay more enjoyable for the teenagers.

We will definitely stay there again.

Miller Family

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LoveEuropeTravel
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We booked this apartment on the basis of the previous TA reviews and can confirm how right every ones comments were. We have been to Munich 6 or 7 times in recent years and have previously stayed in city hotels but this stay was the best yet. As others have mentioned the location is in a quiet cul de sac in a nice suburb with trams and U-Bahn less than 5 minuts away and then a further 5 minutes to central Munich. A good supermarket by the station, a lovely bread shop and a bank nearby too. Its a family house with Josef and Gabrielle living on site and able to help you at all times -we arrived very late but this was no problem to them. The rooms and house were spotless and clean and had all facilities - particularly the Internet wireless connection which was 5 euros for whole stay. They have some good quality bikes you can use and they got these ready for us to ride to the Englischer garden along cycle paths mostly along side the river ( they have a park cycle path outside their back gates -you can also walk to the Zoo, 15minutes , the other way ). We came back just as a thunder storm was starting and they were quite concerned as to where we were. So whilst the house and location is excellent its the caring and friendly owners who made this trip special, so much so, that we have already booked again to visit in December for the Christmas markets. Can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple