“Great Experience in Germany”
Review of Hotel Mueller

Hotel Mueller
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Hohenschwangau
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I were in loved with the place. The location was perfect to enjoy the castles and nature. The Service of the Hotel was amazing. In special Mr. Fredmun ( I may be wrong with his name - He speaks Spanish, English, French, etc) :). My only complaint was the poor horses that are used to go to the top of the castles.. It is sad to see that is still happening. I know it is not the hotel's Fault but perhaps something can be done. :).
We had a room that was spacious and comfortable, with view to the mountain ( no the castle), but it was really nice view. The Hotel offers the service of purchasing the tickets and scheduling your visit, that I think that is great even though the Ticket center is next door, you don’t have to wait in line, that is a PLUSS service. Our package included breakfast and the room was really good with lovely view to the Castle. The food was Ok, my only downside was that I am vegetarian and the choices were not that many, it will be nice to see them have additional option for vegetarians or not ( ) Grilled Veggies are always good to have at any time.
Something else great that I just remember, the hotel offers free parking

Room Tip: I am not sure if it worth it or not a view to the castle, Since you have it just right there. If yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ange1889

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I sometimes feel bad - I take more than I give with Trip Advisor, and utilize reviews much more than writing them to help over people. I am changing my ways to help more by giving reviews.

Anyway, this hotel is Excellent! Great outside seating, right near both major castles, and their breakfast spread is amazing.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Davesome
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had booked two superior rooms, and were very satisfied. Location excellent - right between the two royal castles.

The staff were super friendly and very service oriented. The got us tickets for the guided tours of both castles, and gave us several recommendations.

We also tried the restaurant. Very good food, reasonably priced.

Room Tip: The rooms towards the street can be noisy in the morning - rooms towards the "Hohenschwangau&qu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paaeventyr95
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed only one night at the Muller and found it to be a lovely old hotel with lots of charm. The rooms were very nice and clean. The restaurant was very good as was the breakfast. My rooms had a fantastic view of the castle and patio area complete with table and chairs. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The only thing this place has going for it is the LOCATION. For what we paid for two nights' stay, we expected more, we did not pay for a room with a castle view because none were available when we booked, but we got a beautiful view up and down the street but it smelled so bad you didn't want to stand out on the large balcony. When we checked in, No one helped us with our suit cases to our room! The room was mediocre, tub was nice to soak in, but what was in my opinion the worst part was the horrible smell from the horse poop below while we sat on the balcony in the morning. Disgusting to say the least, so couldn't enjoy the view we had because the smell was atrocious. Was already on the highest level up and couldn't be moved because it was booked solid for the weekend. Breakfast was plenty to choose from, and dessert after dinner was superb. It would have been wonderful if not for the stinky horses, which we did not use to go up to Neuschwanstein because the bus was cheaper and quicker. Take the bus, the hotel really pushes the horses, but double the price if I remember correctly, didn't even mention the bus was an option, down and across the street a little bit to next hotel, can't miss the buses. You can just walk to Hohenschwangau and back, easy.

Room Tip: Not facing the street, stinky horses.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We settled into Hotel Mueller after an overnight flight from the US, and the place met every possible expectation: a large, beautifully furnished room with great views of Neuschwanstein; a convenient location close to all the sights; and great breakfasts and a very good dinner in the hotel. In addition, the hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly, arranging our tickets for the castles the next day, letting us leave our car in the hotel parking lot long after we had checked out, and generally offering good advice on local attractions. I would strongly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Mueller for one night on our way from Stuttgart to Salzburg. The hotel has a small parking lot and we had no trouble finding parking. Check in was quick and the woman at the front desk was very friendly. We arrived late (a little after 8pm) due to bad weather and were a little disappointed to find that the restaurant had already closed, especially since we were told it was open until 9pm.

The hotel is older and has a lot of character but not at the expense of modern amenities. Our room (#34 - standard room) was decent-sized and clean. There was a bit of a musty smell in hallway outside our room, but not a hint of it in the room. The bed was comfortable and there is an outlet near each nightstand. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. There is a small balcony just off the bathroom which we enjoyed despite the cold and snow. Internet was surprisingly fast - you need to get a username and password from the front desk for each device connected. Breakfast was served in the dining room, decent selection and delicious pastries. The dining room itself was great - tons of windows with a nice view.

The location of this hotel is fantastic for visiting castles Hohenschwangau (5 min walk) and Neuschwanstein (20 min walk).

It snowed overnight, and when we went to our car in the morning, it had already been cleaned for us! Great customer service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hohenschwangau
Hotel Villa Ludwig
#4 of 41 in Fussen
Hotel Helmerhof
Hotel Helmerhof
#2 of 16 in Schwangau

Been to Hotel Mueller? Share your experiences!