“Flying... what a feeling !!!”

Paraworth Tandem Paragliding
More attraction details
Owner description: Paraworth Paragliding is a Tandem Paragliding company that flies passengers over Neuschwanstein Castle (Tegelberg) as well as at the Tegernsee, Brauneck, Bayrischzell,The Eagle's Nest, Breitenberg, Buchenberg, are just some of the sites that they fly regularly. All pilots are DHV (the German Paragliding and Hangliding Authority) licensed and insured. Flights last 20-30 minutes depending on weather conditions. Picture and video service is also available. All necessary equipment is provided: Helmet, Flight suit and Gloves. Passenger weight up to 105 kilos. No experience necessary. Reservations are essential. Safety is the first priority!
Laval, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Flying... what a feeling !!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went paragliding with Craig of Paraworth in Germany in late July. Craig took me to Brauneck, an amazing site just an hour from Munich. Brauneck is a recreation resort, we took a cable ride (téléphérique) to the top of the mountain and Craig gave me instructions and told me what I needed to do during the flight. Then we waited for the right moment and flew off the mountain at 1500 meters, and it was so smooth and easy, just like a feather getting caught in the wind. The feeling was amazing (if you've ever dreamed you were flying like a bird, this is the same exact feeling). The flight lasted for 15 minutes, over the Alps, on a sunny day... this was the highlight of my 3 weeks vacation in Europe. The best part is that Craig is equiped to filmed the flight so I have a 15 minute video to relive this over and over. I highly recommend it, Craig was a great teacher and was able to transmit his passion to me. Thank you Craig, you made my day (& vacation).
Chantal R. (Montreal/Laval, Quebec, Canada)

Visited July 2012
2 Thank ChRochette

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience, outstanding customer service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been in Germany for many weeks for work and trying to go/see/do when I can escape for a few hours. I decided I wanted to try to find a tandem paragliding flight to match up a desire to enjoy the experience of riding the winds on a paraglider, and to soak up a different perspective on the beautiful scenery of the Bavarian Alps at the same time.

Weather has been troublesome for paragliding while I've been here, so I missed my first opportunity to go with Craig on the 4th of August, but Craig was great about keeping me informed early enough the evening before for me to replan and head for a great day of hiking instead. I left my deposite in place and asked to try for Saturday or Sunday the 11-12 instead. Weather was looking great for Saturday so Friday evening we locked in a plan for a noon Saturday flight from the Brauneckbahn (to give me plenty of time to travel by train down from Ingolstadt). Unfortunately the weather decided not to follow the forcast and I arrived in Braunek to see clouds and fog as far as one could see. Craig was great about keeping me updated and I decided to hike up to the top instead of riding the lift to get some exercise and enjoy the countryside.

Craig hung with me and we waiting for a couple of hours for the weather to clear out. I enjoyed some coffee at the restaurant and we killed the time sharing stories. Craig was very patient, and he has great stories! Our patience paid off and weather cleared enough for us to take our flight. The flight was exhilerating. I had never done any sort of gliding (fixed wing, hang, para, etc), so it was quite a rush for me. Working together to get launched out was interesting, it was fun feeling like you were part of the successful launch instead of just being totally along for the ride. The scenery was beautiful as we mixed in with the dozen or so other gliders who all made the mad rush to use the clear skies. I also got to experience the rush of a tight spiral we used to drop down toward the landing area.

It was a great experience all around, highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank somber
Upland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth every PENNY!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My Husband and our two adult children went up with Craig and Charles on a gorgeous day. The peacefulness and the views were spectacular. It was something new to us and both Craig and Charles made us feel safe and comfortable! My son is planning his next paragliding trip back in the states! This is a must even if you only have a few days in Munich. We had a wonderful day with Craig and Charles from the train ride to Paragliding they were very friendly, professional and also gave us great info on the rest of our stay in Munich.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Candis H
Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I am Airline pilot, former Military pilot and novice paragliding pilot. I had my family with me for a trip to southern Germany and wanted them all to experience paragliding. I tried to set up tandems with several companies via email and some never even responded! Craig at Paraworth.com however was quick to respond and help formulate a plan. Due to weather we had to change plans but Craig was there always trying to make it happen. We all were able to go flying and had an amazing experience. Working with Craig and Charlie was more like making new friends then dealing with a business. They were excited to share their passion of flying with us. Additionally, speaking as a professional aviator, their experience, knowledge, instruction and manner were exceptional. We hope to go back and fly with them soon! Please contact them if you are anywhere in the area it will be well worth your while. Great time, great people!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Billy W
Lincoln, Nebraska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Flight by Neuschwanstein castle.”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The flight was tremendous! David took us back and forth along the mountain ridge within sight of Neuschwanstein castle ! The landing was a lot of fun also, and the Go Pro camera has incredible resolution! A video to save as I plan to get more paragliding videos ! I would definitely like to fly this area of Germany again as I like Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles ! Thanks again, Craig and David, for the great experience ! Ron Heckens Lincoln, NE. U.S.A.

Visited May 2012