This hotel, which was recently converted from an office building into a hotel, is somewhat small, but has some serious issues and does not provide good value for money.
+ They are friendly; but you can tell nobody has a lot of hospitality experience.
+ Breakfast is pretty decent and included in the price
+ If you are able to figure out the overly complex satellite TV system, you have access to 150 channels.
- Cleaning is pathetic. They did not clean the room or the bathroom at all, but simply made the bed (with the same sheets) and exchanged the towels.
- Speaking of the towels: I don't know whether they use detergent at all, because the towels smelled liked dogs. Yes, they had a dog smell to them. Not only the first night, but also the "new" towels we got. It was bad.
- The "double bed" consists (as so often in Germany - why?) of two separate single beds.
- We were missing toilet paper in our room on arrival. There was no toilet paper at all! I complained to reception and they brought 1 (one) roll exactly 25 (twenty-five) minutes later. So if you needed to use the bathroom right after check-in, you were out of luck.
- The windows are single-glazed so you can hear every word of people standing outside your window. One of the hotel restaurants chefs felt that he had to have a loud conversation at 11pm right in front of our window and we could understand every word.
- There is no air conditioning and it gets really hot in the room in summer.
We will not be back. And this is in NO WAY a 3 or even 4 star property.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Boutique Hotel Villa Soy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.