“Great or medium to log term stay”

Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Erlangen
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Very modern, great shower! I wouldn't stop here for one night as the cafe/reception is only manned until 8pm although there are lots cafes/restaurants within 5 mins walk. I stopped here for 2 months, like home from home. Reception staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble and they all knew my room number without asking.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank keydoh
There are newer reviews for Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Contemporary, well planned and laid out, simply managed, comfortable hotel. Compact rooms and bathrooms but fully equipped. Friendly service and excellent breakfast. Clean and efficient operation. Hotel can be used for 1 night (like us) or for much longer stayers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Me and my family stayed 2 weeks at this place. It was simply a nightmare!

Travelling worldwide (more than 300K miles/year) and staying at so many hotels, I never met anybody unfriendly as those front desk people. There were 4 of them and I had hoped at least one of them would be friendly and would smile at a single day. Nope !! I heard from other guests the same comments! The owners should train these people. They gave me the impression as they were forced to work there and they appeared to be very unhappy!

The rooms are small; no air condition; the floor in the room was never cleaned.

Moreover, the neighbors were loud (drinking and talking) in the backyard until 2am.
Then in the very early morning, the hotel personnel were drinking their coffee and talking loud.
You can imagine how one can sleep under those conditions because we had the windows open due to the unusual heat.

The nightmare is over. Never again !!!

I do not recommend this place at all !!!

Room Tip: Do not stay there !!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
12  Thank ianelgran
Management_ZWH, Management at Zeitwohnhaus Suite Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Ian,
Thank you for your stay at our house, and the feedback of your impressions. We value each individual perception and evaluation of our performance and we take this to our heart in order to continually develop. Unfortunately, this is not easy sometimes, no matter how objectively considered. Our house has over 30 rooms & apartments with air condition for hot days. We offered you to switch to a air-conditioned room but you preferred to stay in the Junior Suite which has no air condition. Enough air conditioned rooms were available during the requested period. The room move was not needed. It should be mentioned that the size of our serviced apartments begins at around 28 square meters and ends at about 65 square meters. The majority of our guests, is satisfied with this size, and feels very comfortable. Regarding the housekeeping, we have to note that out of respect for our guests no housekeeping takes place, while the "do not disturb sign" is placed on the door. This was the case for your Suite daily. Unfortunately, you have not informed us at any time about your dissatisfaction during your stay, so we did not receive any chance to react immediately. We regret this very much. We remember you as superficially friendly and satisfied guest. The more it is an encouragement to the future for each guest to offer an improved service.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The arrival was easy and efficient-3min to fill in the forms, got the keys and went to my room.the room was still smelling very new and clean. Everyting i needed was close- even the i-phone docking station. It might be a bit overpriced but i credit this to the local beer festival happenned the same say.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Alexgut
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I spent 8 months staying at Zeitwohnhaus, in a serviced Master Apartment which was in effect home for me. I loved every single day of my stay here. The apartment I 'lived' in was very modern, kitted out with all the latest gadgets (nespresso machine, ipod deck, flat screen TV (two in fact, one for the living room and one for the bedroom)) and with a great kitchen and bathroom. The Junior Apartment which I booked for a family visit was equally good and comes highly recommended for a family/group of 4 in number (there are two bedrooms and a kitchen/living room with very good use of space). My Master Apartment was cleaned around once a week and to a generally high standard (you can ask for extra cleaning but you have to pay extra for it). The location of Zeitwohnhaus couldn't be better - you are right by the centre of Erlangen, maybe a 5 to 10 minute walk. I particularly loved the EisHaus opposite the hotel (though I don't think my hips thanked the regular temptation but really, I have never tasted ice cream so good, try Zitrone and Coconut flavour). The hotel is also a few minutes walking distance to some great restaurants, from Greek to Italian to Indian. Staff are super friendly and super efficient - nothing is too much trouble, from accepting parcels (I mean lots!) to arranging dry cleaning, tailoring, booking taxis and so forth. I also had a birthday while I there and found myself surprised with a cake and bottle of wine (thanks Alex :-)).

Whilst it is not cheap, I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend that anyone who visits Erlangen stays here too. For me, Zeitwohnhaus made Erlangen - I think my experience of the town would be totally different if I had stayed somewhere else.

Special thanks to Bente, Alexandra and Erika for making me feel so welcome - you really do go way above the call of duty and make Zeitwohnhaus what it is so truly - vielen dank!

Room Tip: Master Apartment and Junior Suites are great.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank SSerl
Reviewed June 30, 2011

If you don't need to have 24 hour room service and a hotel bar and are more interested in having something that feels a little more like home, then this is the best option of the long stay apartments in the region.

Nice features include:
- iPod dock
- Nespresso machine
- Free wi-fi
- Entire property is no smoking

I should note you don't need to be here for a long time either. My stay was for only 4 nights.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank royal618
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I had gone to visit my daughter during her stay in this hotel for more than a month. It is really nice.
Receptionist is very friendly and helpful.
Good location.
12 minute walk to Erlangen train station.
The serviced apartment is good for professionals.
Little expensive, but worth the price.
Only problem is that there is no phone in the room, so this could make things a little complicated, especially for professionals, or when you are new in the city and don't have a permanent point of contact
All in all, pleasant experience.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family